Inserting jQuery Lavalamp effect into my wordpress theme

Hello,

I tried inserting the lavalamp effect into my wordpress theme. However, I was unsuccessful. I was wondering if anyone could help me out a bit and tell me where I went wrong?

This is the code that I put into header.php (in between the <head></head> tags):

<!-- this is the code you're looking for here below for the lavalamp-->
<script language=""javascript"" type=""text/javascript"src="wp-content/themes/metric/scripts/jquery-1.4.1.min.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="wp-content/themes/metric/lavalamp.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
<script type=""text/javascript"" src="wp-content/themes/metric/scripts/jquery.easing.min.js"></script>
<script type=""text/javascript"" src="wp-content/themes/metric/scripts/jquery.lavalamp.min.js"></script>
<!-- this script initiates the function change the #nav to your unordered list's ID -->
<script type=""text/javascript"">
$(function() {
$("#nav").lavaLamp({
fx: "backout",
speed: 700,
click: function(event, menuItem) {
return true;
}
});
});
</script>

It isn’t working and i’m not sure what I need to do in order to make it work?

I have tried putting .lavaLamp after my #nav tag. That didn’t work so I put it after my #header tag (which is where the css changes, etc. were anyway).

Then, I uploaded an external css file for the .lavaLamp class. Still no dice. :frowning:

I refuse to move on in my theme creation until I have this figured out. (:

Any help would be SO very much appreciated!! :slight_smile:

Here is my site in case you need to take a look:

[B]Sandbox[/B]

Is the lavalamp bit the menu, or the slideshow? Bot seem to be working in firefox. What browser are you viewing this in?