Integrate Elasticsearch with Silex

Originally published at: http://www.sitepoint.com/integrate-elasticsearch-silex/

This entry is part 2 of 2 in the series A Silex and Elasticsearch app powered by Drupal 7 for content management

A Silex and Elasticsearch app powered by Drupal 7 for content management

In the previous article I started exploring the integration between Drupal 7 and the Elasticsearch engine (henceforth referred to as Elastic). The goal was to see how we can combine these open source technologies to achieve a high performance application that uses the best of both worlds. If you’re just now joining us, you should check out this repository which contains relevant code for these articles.

We’ll now create a small Silex application that reads data straight from Elastic and returns it to the user.

Silex app

Silex is a great PHP micro framework developed by the same people that are behind the Symfony project. It is in fact using mainly Symfony components but at a more simplified level. Let’s see how we can get started really quickly with a Silex app.

There is more than one way. You can add it as a dependency to an existent composer based project:

"silex/silex": "~1.2",

Or you can even create a new project using a nice little skeleton provided by the creator:

composer.phar create-project fabpot/silex-skeleton

A Silex and Elasticsearch app powered by Drupal 7 for content management

Continue reading this article on SitePoint

The link to the Elasticsearch PHP SDK is broken and the link to the forum to make a comment is also broken. It leads back to the article, instead of the forum discussion thread.

Scott

Thanks Scott. Yes, there are some issues at the moment, caused by an upgrade. Should be sorted soon. :slight_smile:

I also noted an issue with the editor lately. I’d send my post, then several seconds later I’d get an error saying my message couldn’t be sent to the server.

Scott

Yup, also part of the upgrade issues. It does get sent on first try. It just randomly throws an error.

It just happened again. This is what I see.

Scott

Yes, everyone is getting them on every post :slight_smile: .

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.