Integrating php news section (in right bar) of Dreamweaver cs6 template?

Hello,
I am currently working to finish a website for a non profit mens ministry. I would like to make a couple sections simple to update by the director of the ministry (maybe I can create a simple control panel that he can log in to with a couple links, each link leading to a simple form that he can fill out, which will in turn update these sections by updating or adding to the content) for instance, I would like to make the news section in the right bar of my dreamweaver template editable by this method. The website is http://www.ohdministries.com. I also would like to create a photo gallery that he can edit by the same method under the photos section, then just a simple blog. I’ve been doing a lot of research but haven’t been able to find what I’m looking for. I did find a link that sort of covered it months ago when i made the initial web page, but have since lost the article. I am an IT professional and am familiar with scripting, enough so that I can manipulate it. I have also been designing website for about 14 years (since the beginning days of HTML), I am out of practice these days, but I know enough to be able to do what I have to with some time. I normally use Dreamweaver to make navigating the code easier then edit the code itself. If someone could help me help out this non-profit, I and they would be extremely appreciative.

Thanks!!!
Bryan

Also just as a kind of what I’ve done to begin streamlining the website.
I have taken one of the pages and turned it into a Dreamweaver CS6 template. I will be fixing some small seam errors and that sort of thing and editing all the pages so that they use the template to make it as easy as possible to update overall (for me) and so that the site overall will be unified.

if anyone could nudge me in the right direction I would really appreciate it, ie: an article or something to that affect or advice on the news section in the dreamweaver template!

Thank You!

Does anyone even know if it’s possible to incorporate php into a dreamweaver template that I set up?