Internet Explorer users have lower IQ

According to an article on the BBC, IE users on average have a lower IQ, and Camino and Opera users are typically geniuses.

The study stressed that if you’re using IE, that doesn’t mean you’re stupid … but if you’re stupid, there’s a good chance you’re using IE.

the really smart IE users (ahem) don’t have inadequacy issues, and don’t bother taking IQ tests

but what about forum members who start the third thread on the same topic?

:stuck_out_tongue:

Might want to have a re-read of that link… :wink:

According to a recent survey, those who quote recent surveys have lower self-esteem than those who read comments about those who quote recent surveys; unless the survey quoted was about the fact that those who quote recent surveys often suffer from disorders related to posting comments on popular Forums about surveys…

D’oh! It definitely didn’t say that when I posted the link :goof:

I believe the results are like this because most IE users are novice internet/ computer users.

I know what that would mean for me, as for when I started surfing the internet compared to now, I certainly would get lowers results on pretty much any test.

It is like when you are learning to drive, compared to you 5 years later. When you are a novice, you are not sure about your skills.

you might want to actually read that link

Dammit! A hoax?
I was using that to further prop up my unjustifiably smug persona!

Off Topic:

And I do believe it was claimed that the high end (Opera & Camino) averaged 125, which isn’t very close to genius. It’s not even highly gifted

IQ reference chart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

125 is certainly above average, but certainly not at the level of a savant. I’ve met one person who claimed they got 125 on an IQ test, and they were a very intelligent and knowledgeable individual. Much more so than a random Joe out on the street.

So, 125 isn’t anything to sneeze at.

“When you play at this level, it’s no ordinary menu”.

I wonder what browser William Sidis would use?
He’s arguably the most intelligent human to have ever lived - with an estimated IQ between 250-300 when he was attending Harvard at age 11. His deviation IQ is estimated at approximately 210. Because of our hacky methods of measurement, aging alone lowers an IQ measurement (and IMO, adults are actually stupider than children), thus necessitating the concept of deviation IQs. Ockham weeps.
Compare that to Einstein’s measly 150 (he was nowhere near as smart as say Bobby Fischer). Or Da Vinci’s more respectable 176.

Further, genius is subdivided (the study of intelligence would make Ockham positively suicidal I think) - Da Vinci was a universal genius. Along with Johann Wolfgang von Goethe and Gottfried Wilhelm von Leibniz they were purportedly the ‘models’ of the overman.

The whole issue of intelligence strongly lends itself towards a “pick a smaller pond to make yourself look like a bigger fish” approach.

When the dust all settles, as Mama Gump would say “stupid is as stupid does”

I hope everyone read the article that CNN published admitting that the major news channels where tricked and the study is just a hoax .

After all if that study would have been accurate that would mean that China is one of the dumbest nations on Earth since IE reigns supreme over there .