Introducing CockpitCMS - a CMS for Developers

I played with this CMS for a week and I have to admit it is a pretty cool concept and offer great potentials of use.

Although I want to expose my concerns about the project:

• It is not well documented: this limit in my opinion the use of this framework because you have to dig into the code to try to understand what every component does.
  • Project architecture: while the use of the CMS is straightforward and promises great flexibility the code architecture is chaotic to me. I cannot use the component via composer, there is no use of namespacing so the code is less reusable and maintainable from the user perspective. I cannot understand how to export a database structure and import it into another installation of cockpit (versioning of the backend is hard)
  • Use of not tested components: that really push me to use it only for personal projects.

Overall I fell that I have spent well my time on this project since I learned a lot of things and I really wish the best for the author of the framework, I hope you get my critique positively, it is not meant to discredit your work but to improve it. Thank you :smiley:

1 Like