Invisible Image/Hologram on Computer Picture?!

Hi all,

I’ve stumbled upon something that I find rather intriguing and can’t figure out! Check out this picture I’m attaching. To see the invisible image in this picture, just tilt your screen back like it instructs in the picture.

What I am wondering is–how on earth did they do that? I’ve even zoomed in to the maximum on Photoshop to the lines of where the face seemingly appears, but I can’t find a trace of any colors! What is going on here?!

Thanks

It’s taking advantage of the fact that the colour reproduction of a TN type screen as is typically used on a laptop, changes when viewed off axis. The ‘hidden image’ has a small colour difference that while normally not visible, when viewed through the skewed off-axis response can now be seen. To do this, make an image in RGB a few notches off white e.g #fcfcfc and overlay on a pure white background e.g #ffffff

Thanks Mike! It works just like you described! I’m still a bit confused by the reasoning as to why it works, but I’ll do some research on TN type screens to see if it then makes more sense.

Thanks again!

Too bad it doesn’t work on my wide viewing-angle IPS 30in monitor :stuck_out_tongue:

LOL nice! Does this still work on computers with in plane switching technology?

If you have a wide viewing angle monitor it is nearly impossible to see it. On my 17in laptop (1920x1200) I have to almost directly stand over the screen and look down before I just barely see the face. On my 30in monitor i could not see it even when looking straight down. So does it work with IPS panels? Yes if the monitor has limited view angles.