Ipad / iphone not displaying width of section

Hello,

racking ones brains on why the ipdad and iphone do not display the widths of grey sections on pages:
http://www.automatedtechnologies.co.nz/about.php

any input would be gratefully appreciated…!

What do you mean by “display the widths of grey sections”? The page looks just as I’d expect on an iPhone—looks fine to me, just like desktop.

[edit]Even though I don’t see a problem, I see what might be your problem. Try adding this to your CSS:

section {min-width: 960px;}

That will probably fix what you are seeing.[/edit]

I saw your link and i have to admit I like it but for a mobile theme I don’t feel the simplicity. I find it to have to much for what we now a day called mobile. However, I must ask, in the grey section were it contains the “Articles” I believe (if coded in html5) how we’re you able to create those small triangular shape lines or whatever they are? Please let me know if you can I appreciate it and also your website on my iPhone4 looks good and there no issue with the width.

That worked nicely thanks very much Ralph, glad you noticed the problem in the end! - Thanks again

thanks for the comments AndreeU17,

this job was originally buy another designer, whos psd’s I have built from… can see what you mean about ‘simplicity’, maybe a bit heavy in places especially for mobile

the triangles are made up of little images…

thanks

Client would also like to see the phone number be a link to activate the call to the number when on a phone…

anyone have any advice on making this happen… or maybe advice on if it is or is not a good idea…?

I think you can find what you need on this page. I believe that the iphone will automatically try and recognise phone numbers by default.