iPhone native contact list help

Im trying to create an iphone app
http://fixmysite.us/bobapp/indexnew.html
For some reason, it only seems to work in Chrome/Safari and iOs simulator.

How do I use javascript, like onclick, to make it so when I click a name, it calls like “firstName” + “.html” to get the page for the name selected.

for example if i click on bob, it slides over to a bob.html page that I create.

Is this the way i should be doing it or is there a better way? *

Any ideas?

Thanks so much in advance.

In Objective-C (the language for native iPhone development) you would set up an NSURL variable, supplying it the URL as a string (“firstName” + “.html”)

Thanks ParkinT! Will check it out.

I think there is a misunderstanding going on here. Are you trying to write a mobile web app targeted for iPhone or a native app? As the NSUrl classes are only available on native apps

Hi NightStalker-DNS,

Sorry for delay in response. Was out of town. I am trying to make a web app for the iphone that acts like a native app. Like the contact or ipod apps on the iPhone in the way that if I click (tap) on a name, it will go to a html page I have created for that name. I have been looking t Objective-C and am thinking that is the way to go. What do you think? Thanks for the response.

No. Objective-C is for iOS native applications that run on the iDevice itself. A mobile web app will be written using html/javascript/css and a programming language for the logic. Be it PHP or ASP.NET

Thanks again Night-Stalker!