barricades — 2012-11-28T07:08:53-05:00 — #1
Hi all, we've just re-launched our website and looking for feedback from the community.
I'm interested in people's opinions on how the website works as well as the look and feel. So if you fancy having a look around that'd be nice of you.
In particular, is it easy to navigate and find what you are looking for? Does the site layout render OK on your machine/OS/browser?
Any suggestions or comments?
Here's the site - I hope you like it:
(if you do like it please consider clicking the wee likey facebook icon )
sdgsteve — 2012-11-28T08:54:49-05:00 — #2
Using Chrome on XP, site looks nice, runs quick, everything is where I expected it to be. Not sure if the grass along the top says "Ireland" to me but otherwise I thought it looked good, happened to look at a lot of Scottish gift sites coming up to Xmas recently and it looks better and feels more stable and solid than any of those did.
lieto — 2012-11-28T08:59:54-05:00 — #3
Looks good — header and footer — no questions at all.
As for the products — they could use a little bit of work. Maybe show less on the main page, maybe make it look nicer, dunno.
barricades — 2012-11-28T09:36:02-05:00 — #4
@SDGSteve; Thanks for the input. I quite like the grass but it's interesting to hear opinions. Mind you I need to keep my shamrocks somewhere.
@Lieto; - do you mean the photographs are crap? Is it the products you don't like, or just the face there's too many so it's cluttered?
thanks guys for having a look
lieto — 2012-11-28T09:58:56-05:00 — #5
I ll try to explain via example
main page (sort of) — http://www.target.com/c/gifts-for-her-gift-finder/-/N-5t0al#?lnk=HEROCONTAINER|HEROCONTAINER&intc=851052|null
lots of products — http://www.target.com/c/beauty-spa-gifts-for-her-gift-finder/-/N-5sco0#?lnk=lnav_t_spc_1_1_0
Main page shouldnt be overcrowded with products, just give users a feel of what they will find and encourage to click through. You seem to have everything on the main page now. Might be good idea to make slider 2/3 of the page as well.
Products page — notice the contrast, colors, no borders, bright crisp images.
greg_baka — 2012-11-28T22:37:26-05:00 — #6
I liked the grassy header! Keeping it present on all the pages is good marketing.
Couple things I noticed...
1) Nice slide show. Great colors and photos!
2) There are maybe a few too many products on the bottom half. Maybe limit it to one row in each category? Also the clickable links aren't very obvious - brown letters and a phrase like "Browse our all time best sellers" don't really shout "Click me!" Maybe follow the phrase with some sort of Icon featuring and arrow or some other action feature?
Category Pages: (I looked at Gifts and Souvenirs)
3) There sure were a lot of items, it is a little overwhelming. It took me a few moments to realize that the left bar was for filtering the results. Maybe use a bolder and more obvious title like "Refine your search". Maybe the grass camoflagued the bar since I had already mentally equated it to the top navigation?
4) Can you put an item counter on the categories in the left bar? I clicked Bodhrans (since I didn't know what they were), but there were none to see. Customers are quick to exit a site when things like that happen to them. Having numbers associated with each category (like eBay does) keeps people from wasting their time checking empty or slim categories.
Individual Product Pages:
5) Nice and simple. Only thing I noticed was that the breadcrumb trail (left side, below the header) isn't really working.
peterson02 — 2012-11-29T06:24:14-05:00 — #7
I liked the grassy header too, and for the product on the main page, may be you can just classify them into a category of each.
mgg — 2012-11-29T07:58:37-05:00 — #8
I think the site looks nice. However, I saw some problems with the cart. The VX is broken. Also, some products title are too long that they span 3 rows and overlap with the price.
I am using Linux with Chrome.
clickpencil — 2012-11-29T08:06:23-05:00 — #9
I spend around 15 minutes to find any lack but did not find anything that i can criticize. Its high quality design and great content placement. By the way who design your website ?
mittineague — 2014-09-14T16:24:03-04:00 — #10
This topic is now archived. It is frozen and cannot be changed in any way.