Is article marketing more or less effective?

Is article marketing still a good SEO strategy or are a lot of the common SEO strategies becoming obsolete?

For SEO, instead of article marketing with article directories I suggest you to go with guest posting. It is a commonly known fact that, not the no. of links but the relevancy of the link is counted by SE. SEO is all about the popularity. I personally believe that for SEO, the link which people are more interested is highly effective rather than link which people are not interested to click.

For e.g. imagine that you’ve submitted an article on article directory like ezinearticles.com or other related directory of your niche. Normally, within 24 hours time span, the article will not be viewed even for 100 times. The no. of click received will also be very less whatever the CTR is. So instead of submitting the article on a directory I suggest you to submit to a high traffic blog related to your niche. Since it will be featured on the homepage or the recent posts for at least a day/week you will get more views for the article and thereby more clicks to your link and thereby more traffic.

If your lone purpose is to get #1 rank for a semi-popular keyword and if your only strategy is article marketing, then you might get tired by submitting thousands of article within months. Getting #1 is quite difficult these days (I am not saying impossible). You can also get targeted traffic by submitting guest posts on the blogs of your niche.

Let me know what you think…

I agree, it takes a variety of different ways. I just keep reading more and more material nowadays that’s saying article marketing may not get you the best results, even though it could be effective. I think it just takes being more proactive, like making guest posts, list-building, ad-swapping, etc. Articles generally don’t get a lot of views and clicks unless they have the right keywords, so I’ll keep that in mind.

It’s still cool if you’re going to do it right, but it’s definitely not the best technique out there. Like what Shahzad said, it’s the relevancy that counts now. Let’s say you’re going to make some blog comments and you’re looking to place your links on those comments. There are bloggers out there who are pretty strict with those links within your comments, so better make sure that you’ll read their rules before you post. Secondly, you should use your links in such a way that it would give value to the post without sacrificing the quality of your comment.

Anyway, back to the articles. I think the best use of those articles that you have there is to post them on your site itself. Well, either that or you look for guest posting opportunities out there that allow you to post something related to your niche. The latter is a good way for building relationships and building your reputation as well. I’m not saying that posting it on your site doesn’t, though. Just make sure that if you’re going to post it on your site, you have a way of making it easy to share across different networks.

The biggest problem with article directory submissions is that the directories, themselves, are not relevant to any particular niche. You are better off writing good unique content for your own blog and promoting that content socially or doing guest posting at other relevant websites.

Another problem with places like eZine is that the second you post an article, all kinds of people who are lazy will scrape it and spin it or flat out copy and paste it into their own submissions. You should definitely be using the Google authorship tag on things you create or on websites where you post them so that you are credited with being the original author. You can learn more about that here.

Last time when I’ve checked through my spam comment list on the blog, a URL is included within the comment. So promote your site, you should not add URL inside comment area.

The URL field is there, and you can use that for your link. But what if you have multiple sources of information? Where are you going to put those links that could help the people find the answer to what they’re looking for? Where are you going to put the links that could support the idea that you’re bringing up? As long as you’re giving value to what’s in the page, those links would be okay.

Imagine a situation wherein someone questions the comment that you just made. You know that you have good resources to back your comment up, so it’s best to share all of them. Now, which of these would be the best option?

1. Sharing links to those resources that could support your claim in just one comment
  2. Sharing links to those resources, one comment at a time
  3. Not sharing the links at all because you’re worrying about the spam issue

Though everyone is saying about guest posting and other ways , none of anyone described even a single word about the way of representation of the content! In other words if you are publishing just a plain text on your blog or any other blog ,that would definitely get you some clicks ! But what about those contents which you have used already ? or the contents which You feel to show them again by any other way? For example, a time line like post will definitely give a good potential view of sharing and clicks!

I just went through that link of yours, quite an interesting article. Could you tell me how do we create a mini author’s biography snippet at the end of the post, as mentioned in 2-way link method?

I think article marketing is more effective,when content is unique.and you must use appropriate keyword.It should not be having keyword stuffing.Then only more and more people will visit your site.

Guest Posts are more effective than article marketing.You can right a good article related to the services offered by your website,then search for good blogs which have high activity,Visitors & a good rank comparable to your own website.The Blog should be related to your niche.Post it There.Dont Put the same Post on other Webiste just post on 1 good blog and if your content is new and interesting u will be getting likes and good Comments.

Hi Friends…

I think rather then submitting articles on article directory sites its more effective to submit articles on both relevant and high page rank sites.you have to also take care that your articles are approving or awaited for approval.You have to use instant approval sites to get better and fast result.

Thanks

Perizaad

If you’re going to use auto-approve sites, has it crossed your mind that the site owner might delete your links, or the whole content altogether? Yes, you might finish things faster, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that you’re going to see the results a lot faster. You shouldn’t ignore those sites which put your articles through moderation if you’re going to do this. Just looking for the auto-approve ones makes you look like you’re not taking it seriously at all. It would seem that you’re rushing things.

I don’t think article submissions is dead. Ya it’s right that it is overly used for the site promotion. But you can get still good traffic from article directories only if you have submitted a fresh and informative article.

It is very effective and easy if you do it like that. It works very well and is very effective, and while it’s not as popular as it used to be it’s hasn’t even come close to fully dying out yet.

I think Articles are still giving benefit like previous but we should submit articles at high PR directories rather than 0 PR. But to get #1 ranking just article submission is not enough, i suggest you to go with other task side by side.

<snip>

You guys are so focused on “seo methods” instead of writing things your customers might want/need. Google is getting smarter than you think- whether article marketing/directories/blogs, etc… is better or worse seems like a silly conversation unless you’re trying to make very short term money. Focus on VALUE, and you will get results long term.

Finally. Now this is something that everyone should take note of. If you’re too worried too much about being visible on the search results, there’s a chance that the quality of the content you make will go down. It’s better if you’re going to focus on creating valuable content that’s worth being spread around. If people find your content as something informative, it has a high chance of being spread to their network, thus effectively penetrating your second degree network. The chain will go on if you provide quality content.

Article submission is an effective link building technique. It is a process to publish contents onto the web to attract readers on the web site. Article Submission technique is on demand in the current scenario because major SEO expert are making use of this technique to improve their presence in search engine ranking page.

Article directories may not bring lots of traffic but these directories can help you in building lots and lots of links. The best way is to use each method in SEO. Don’t rely on just 1 method. Do Article directory, guest posting, social bookmarking, forum posting, directory submission and blog posting.

Article directories are not dead and these really help in rankings. It may take some time to produce results but links from article directories surely help.