Is godaddy hosting now ok?

I am looking into buying a hosting package from Godaddy,back in 2012 people were having problem with them is it now ok?sites like Wikmag.com are still using them and it is fast and o.k

Depends on what you want to buy. Usually, I hear complaints about their supporting service and shared hosting environment. You might get better luck with dedicated server?

In a word, no.

Godaddy’s primary business is domain registration–not hosting. As such, it isn’t nearly as good as businesses whose primary business is web hosting.

In any case, due to their pushy up-selling tactics and stance on supporting bills (documents not yet made into laws) that go against the view of an open Internet, many folks (including myself) have abandoned it in favor of other registrars.

At current time I received a few good reviews about them, but it seems their support is not proactive just reactive with less helpful. But their server for shared hosting means good with high traffic sites.

Godaddy seems to have tried to change their image somewhat since the KKR buyout a few years ago. If you look at their site now, the call-to-action is more about website building instead of Godaddy Girls or race cars (imagine that). If you’re talking about shared hosting, there are plenty of good options to investigate and compare.

Yes they had a problem past in 2012 … I am using them from last three years … But they have a very good support … Which will help you in all sorts … Best of Luck !!

Never heard of a main problem but I wouldn’t use them at all, there is a lot of bad reviews but some users are happy with them, you could always try but don’t tie to a years worth just in case.

I have bad experienced with GoDaddy for hosting services. Most of the time server went offline :frowning:

Around 2 months back I moved from there now.

It’s a lot more work than cpanel, and not easy to transfer away if you have a lot of sites.

Howdy,

I have had no issues (that I didn’t create myself) with GD in the 6 years I have been hosting with them. When I did have to call, in less than 5 rings I was talking with someone in Scottsdale, AZ (I know, because we shared opinions on some fave watering holes there) who was able to resolve the issue at hand. Yes, a lot of folk seem to have issues, but I guess I am one of the “lucky ones” :slight_smile: I also have been with HostGator for a few years and they too are very good.

Cheers!
Lyle

In regards to your question, I personally have never really had a problem with GoDaddy hosting for the time I have been using them which is about 5 years now. Why not just try purchasing 3 months worth and try it out and see how it fits your needs. You probably could find a bunch of coupon codes somewhere on the internet that will meet your price point. Keep in mind my experience with GoDaddy has been with shared hosting, which has been excellent up to this point in time.

IMHO, you can find other good hosts with better offers and services. Don’t use GD for web hosting.

yeah its seems that they has increase the prices
they are costing nearly 990 for .com
previously it was 499 only
any suggestion why this is happening

It’s not just godaddy. Most registrars across the board periodically increase their prices.

Prices for .com domains have been around $10 for several years now.

However, renewal prices are always higher than first-time purchase prices.

Yes, most registrars are increasing their prices, but I don’t think it’s too much. So, if you can find good reseller, they might still offer you with old prices, and not changing in your domain life, unless all registrars raise prices sharply.

GoDaddy is a domain registrar - their business is selling domains. Anything else that they sell is just a side business that will be ignored whenever they need to concentrate on their main business.

For the best web setup get your domain from a domain registrar or reseller and get your hosting from somewhere that has hosting as their main business. If you must get both from the same place then get them from a hosting provider because the control panel for the hosting is more important than the one for the domain.

Can’t really comment on their products but I know there has been a lot of buzz over how unsatisfactory the customer service has been over the last year or so.

I am Using Godaddy Hosting and have no problem with it , all things going smooth

I preffered to say no
Iam using hostgator compare to godaddy hostgator gives a better service…

I got hosting packs from godaddy with good discount but it not worth for me . Still they having various kind off issues due to server overload, so i ahve move my sites to previous hosting hostgator. if you are new to hosting try gator since they have plenty of online support.