Is Google Hotel Finder service is good for Hotel affiliate sites?

I read somewhere that Google has reecently introduced Hotel Finder service . I know it’s a good feature but is it helpful for Hotel affiliate sites? In other words would it eat up the traffic of the Hotel Affilate sites?

I just looked at the Google Hotel Finder.

www.google.com/hotelfinder

Prior to looking at it, I assumed that Google would be processing the bookings and collecting fees for doing so. But it looks like Google just provides links to travel websites where you can book the room. Interestingly, in listing the websites where you can book the room the actual website of the hotel is listed last. (At least for my test city of Las Vegas, NV, it was like that.)

Why is that? Why would Google list Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, and other travel-booking websites ahead of the hotel’s own website? If Google is supposedly about relevance, then it should rank the hotel’s own site first. Right?

I have a suspicion that Google is ranking the travel sites higher than the hotel site because Google might be collecting some sort of advertising fee from the booking sites like Travelocity.

Google is trying to take over everything on the internet in my opinion.

That’s what’s Google is trying to develop now. After the Google Map locator, they also provide Google Hotel Finder and Local listing for local searches.

google is getting very tricky. because it does not allow hotel owners to directly pay for ads on google hotel finder. it has a terrible link to google places but still not explanation, meaning they have created a monopoly with booking.com , expedia, and hotels.com , but not allowing smaller companies like <snip> or <snip> to get listed