Is Google plus the best way to index a site more quickly than other SEO tactics

Hi guys,

I just want to clarify one thing. Today I have read an article in which there were mentioned g+ is the best way to indexed your site more quickly in Google.

I’m not sure about this but since Google Plus is owned by Google, it probably rank well. Of course, if your content is top quality. I’ve watch a video few days ago that Google is planning to get back link counts on social media sites. I’m not sure if it’s implemented today.

But Google Plus is becoming popular nowadays. Just look how many people have subscribed there. Google loves to index popular but good quality content websites.

Facebook and Twitter definitely help a site’s social authority, which is an element Google considers in their algorithm. The difference with Google+ is that Google actually indexes Google+ posts and profiles.

It´s one of the quickest and easiest way to index your site / a new URL.
Just share the new URL to your circles, the URL will be indexed very fast - this is what I´ve experienced.

I’ve read a similar article about how g+ helps to get pages ranked quicker. I’ve been trying to implement this tactic but not sure if I am really seeing any faster results.

[FONT=verdana]I think you’re asking the wrong question.

The issue isn’t how quickly your site will get indexed if it’s mentioned in Google +. The majority of new sites are indexed very quickly by Google (and the other search engines) - usually only a matter of days. It’s in Google’s interest to do that. I’ve no inside information on this, but I doubt if being mentioned in Google + will affect that one way or the other.

I think what you really want to know is whether Google + will affect your site’s ranking. As far as I know, the short answer to that is that it won’t. What Google does take into account is the searcher’s social circle when ranking results. If a member of a searcher’s circle mentions, say, a particular restaurant or movie, then that restaurant or movie will be favoured searches by other members of that circle - but not the rest of the world.

Mike

[/FONT]

Yes, it is one of the best ways to index your site quickly, after the launch of google authorship it is more helpful in getting high rankings. If you link your google plus account with your website than it will get better results. Google Authorship displays your google plus name with the number of circles you have. Try it today and see the results.

A page being mention on Google + gets indexed faster. Considering, if google checks up any updates on your website every 2 days, by mentions on G+, the bot won’t wait till the scheduled time. So it might help.

I remember reading on the internet about a popular blogger who had tens of thousands of people having him in their circles. So a popular G+ Profile due to the popular blog he ran. He registered a new domain, no SEO, no other ways of optimization, posted some content, checked the ranks and after that placed, the author tag on this new page. Clearly the author tag helped him rank better for the new blog.[/FONT]

Great information here - I’m going to try this for my site. What about outgoing links to authoritative sites - would adding a link to a category page on Wikipedia help my seo efforts?

Andy

[FONT=verdana]

All Wikipedia links are Nofollow, so you won’t get any page rank benefits.

A genuine link in Wikipedia can bring a lot of traffic. I have a page on one of my site that gets more traffic from Wikipedia than all other sources put together, including Google. But that will only work if the linked-to page is of high quality, and is directly related to the subject of the source page. If it’s not, the Wikipedia editors will remove it presto pronto.

Mike[/FONT]

What I am referring to in an outgoing link to Wikipedia. Google does look at your outgoing links, and judges whether your site is linking to authority sites related to your content. I’m going to try and test this and will report back in a few days on the effect.

Andy

Yes if you have big circle but if not then I believe GooglePing is the best way to index your website more quickly.

[FONT=verdana]

Andy, if you are asking if adding an outgoing link to Wikipedia will improve your Google ranking, I would have that was very unlikely. It would be far to easy for any disreputable webmaster to spinkle their site with such links. I can’t imagine that Google would give them any value.

But by all means, test it, and let us know the result - although I can’t see how you can reliably do that, given that there are so many factors which affect your rankings, and they are constantly changing.

Mike[/FONT]

G+ gives you an edge but getting links from highly reputable sites e.g. CNN, BBC etc will get your crawled and indexed quickly.

Wow, there’s a few things going on here. Right, lets try and summarise this as best I can…

Google does look at your outgoing links, and judges whether your site is linking to authority sites related to your content.

That doesn’t mean to say your rankings will increase as a result. It’s one of many, many things Google looks at. But anyway, this is probably something you’ve read somewhere and relates mainly to bigger websites with lots of links. Adding just one Wikipedia link won’t do anything SEO-wise.

Today I have read an article in which there were mentioned g+ is the best way to indexed your site more quickly in Google.

That’s not true. Like it has been mentioned already, Google indexes sites regardless (and is bloody good at it). You don’t need to sign up to g+ to get your site indexed. You should still sign up to g+ however. And here’s where it gets theoretical…

In my opinion, social rank will be very important in future. Whilst there’s nothing to say that having a poor social presence currently penalizes your ranking, there’s enough evidence to suggest that it will in future.