Is google shuffling results pages?

I have been noticing the past few days that if I search for a specific term, that Google is rotating the top 10 results. Sometimes I’m #1, sometimes I’m down to #7. Even just checking in the morning, then at noon the shuffling occurs. To me this seems messed up. Not only as a webmaster (pulling my hair out), but for my clients that search and found me in the first position in the morning, then they search for me again to call me back in the afternoon-and I’m not there anymore. ARRRGHHH

Is anyone else seeing this?

There has always been such a case on the search engines.
We can look at it in different ways:

• The search engine is undergoing some updates
  • There is a huge competition for the keyword and the position
  • The competitors are very very alert and are constantly vying for the top spot
    The last two scenarios will always keep you vigilant and push you for getting that extra effort to be among the top.
    So enjoy the fluctuations :slight_smile:

That’s particularly true for people who are using different computers/devices during the day, and may be logged into Google on one but not another, etc.

Sounds perfectly normal to me, I often see the same thing.

What you have to remember is that Googles index is in a constant state of change. Often you’ll get different results depending which data centre/server you get connected to, also Google now “personalises” results to some extent, so what you see the next person may see something completely different for the same search query.