Is it important to have a responsive website for my online store?

I think you should build a new site by wordpress because it 's the best responsive application I have experienced. Moreover, It;s not easy to rebuild a non-responsive site into responsive, it takes time and money.

It depends on whether you use a ready-made WordPress theme that is already responsive, or if you build a custom theme - in which case the considerations are the same as those discussed by all the previous posters. WordPress is not in and of itself responsive.

@riyasharma3…Definitely, a responsive website is a must if you’re running an online store because most of the users are purchasing through their smartphones.
But, this involves a fair amount of coding know-how, understanding of composition at different sizes and a clear image of how the scaling process works; in other words, it should always be done by a professional. Mobile-optimizing plugins can only offer so much help.

Regardless of the devices your users are on, it’s beyond essential that your site should be responsive otherwise your site will be penalised on Google mobile searches for new and prospective sales beyond your current users. Google made it quite clear that websites that are not responsive are disadvantaged in the search rankings for mobile searches.

Now a day’s it’s very important to have responsive design for your online store as it provide an optimal viewing experience across a wide range of devices (from desktop computer monitors to mobile phones.)

Why Responsive Design

1. Recommended by Google
  2. Easy to manage
  3. One Website,Many devices