Is it normal in web design not to have a job for a year long?

I have heard that before, but I have no idea what it requires or what it means. I have tried looking into working with open source projects (even though I have not looked into it for some time), when I looked I could not fiend anything what required my help (my skills)

Do you have any information on how or where to look for online work? Where to start looking or anything?

Thanks

I think I saw somewhere in this forum some threads threads discussing about freelance jobs online. I’m just not sure and I can’t locate that particular link anymore. But if you want to try out some online outsourcing sites I heard elance or rentacoder or fiverr are some of the suggested sites that really pay. You may want to explore those sites and while exploring, don’t stop learning as online jobs can also be so competitive. You always have to improve your craft everyday.

That goes without saying, learn the new stuff is what makes this profession so bloody exiting :slight_smile:

I will take a look at those site.
Thanks a lot

I have singed yo to Elance, and I received the first email of job alerts - it seems to have all sorts of opportunities, small jobs and big job. I am liking what I see, I might need to get my portfolio 100% finished, but I think this might me a great thing if nothing else comes up.

So just wanted to say thanks again

Spelling and grammar are significant items in software development. Unless you’re extremely gifted in your field, employers are likely to pass over your resume. The market is saturated with web developers who are just starting out. To a potential employer, poor spelling and grammar may indicate that you are not detail-oriented and that you may make a lot of mistakes. Mistakes means bugs, and spending time on fixing bugs that otherwise could’ve been avoided costs the employer money. Introducing bugs due to bad spelling is something that can be avoided by hiring a good speller instead of a poor speller.

That said, It might be wise to address this. There are actually quite a number of spelling games out there that might be able to help.

This isn’t meant to make you feel bad. I’m just pointing out the realities you may be facing.