Is it ok to post an article on your site and on aticle sites?

Hi

i want to post articles on article websites but wonder if it is beneficial only if you post unique content and dont put the same article on your site?

yes, try to change the articles a little so it becomes unique content.

There are also services that will slightly change the article and submit to directories for

I like using Unique Article wizard

Depends on the site you’re submitting it to.

The most common agreement I’ve seen is when you submit content to a site, they usually ask that it remain exclusive to them for x number of days, excluding the author’s personal site.

You’re better of inquiring about the policy with each site you’re submitting your content to.

Well it could reduce the amount of repeat content appearing on the web. I think the balance between offering exclusive content on your own website and offering content for other websites to draw others in, is something you need to consider. Personally I would have 8 out of 10 fresh articles hosted on my own website, and then write the other two to draw in new audience members to my own website as exclusive content they can read elsewhere, this provides a balanced marketing VS unique content technique. You don’t want to just spread your content all over the place (to the point of diluting it’s value). :slight_smile:

It’s always advisable not to post all your site content on article directories, if you are doing it with say 5-10% of your content than its not such a big deal, but if its more than that then even search engines get suspicious of duplicate content.

I mean it’s ok, but it’s not necessarily the smartest idea as you don’t want to get a duplicate content penalty - it could hurt your site.

It is recommended that you use unique content at all times. Most search engines, especially Google, supports quality, rich content articles. Just to give you an example, my clients always order between 10 and 20 different articles, with different keywords. They request for each article to be unique. Obviously there will be some overlapping information, however, the Google search spiders, analyze word usage, sentences, paragraphs and content in general. Your article must be informative and well written, in order for it to perform better with search engines. So, I recommend that everything you write is unique, yet, you are still providing the same information.

in an ideal world you would submit only unique content wherever you are submiting it but usually it is far too time consuming or expensive so most people just submit to their site first, wait a few days and then submit to the directory. Places like Buzzle wont let you do that though, it needs to be unique content, best to check their terms of service first.

What I usually do is just hire people to write my articles for super cheap. For example right now I have a worker on getafreelancer writing 100 articles for me (400+ words) for only $175. You would think that the articles would be horrible quality, but they are not if you find someone good (for the price). You can then just review the articles yourself and it takes no time at all to just make a few small changes if need be - but a lot of the time I don’t even need to make changes. Try it out, it works well.

Original to your website, which is usually a longer version. Then summarize it for article directories.

Well if you owns the Articles , you can very well keep it on both article submission site and your own website, I don’t think there is any problem.

Post the original on the article site and
then rewrite it for your own site later.

Just to expand on this … the article site
content gets indexed so fast …and given
preferential treatment by Google etc.

You can literally post an article and see
it on the first page of Google in 1 week
but you will never get that same treatment
on your own site (I know, there is someone
that’s able to do this on their site but for the
mortals, expect better results on the article
sites)

I don’t think its an issue. I’ve used it before. sometimes the articles will temporarily rank better, but if u do good backlink building to your money site, then its not a problem.

Spun content is okay with other sites but it is best to keep the content on your own site 100% unique.

:nono:There is NO SUCH THING as a duplicate content PENALTY. In the past week this is an issue that has arises over and over again. And it was Matt Cutts from Google who totally destroyed the MYTH. According to an article that was recently published, what happens is that Google’s algorithms, crawl and analyze the content from sites submitted for indexing, the sites get indexed and ranked according to content and keyword relevance and to quality of the content. Whichever other sites or articles have the same content will be filtered out. It is this filtering out that people have misunderstood for a penalty. IT IS NOT!

On that note, why would anyone want to reuse the same content over and over again. You want to appear to your prospects as someone who is knowledgeable, and an expert in the matter. Therefore the more unique and quality content you spread the more beneficial it is for your site. And for those who were simply just considering copying and pasting someone else’s work, shame on you. You should not be in this business if you lack the creativity to write your own stuff. BESIDES, plagiarism is a punishable offense under copuright laws!!!:eek:

well I think if you are posting your article on your site then you should not post those on other article site. Because it creates content duplications.

I would not consider posting the exact same content on both. Why don’t you just give it a quick rewrite, or use an article spinner (being careful about this though because some spinners just give you garbage back).

Rewriting even just the title, and maybe first and last paragraphs would make it look quite new.