Is it ok to remove/replace GA code before Escrow inspection acceptance?

I’m trying to close a Flippa sale via Escrow and the buyer has requested we change the Adsense code to their (which we did) but now have removed our Google Analytics code BEFORE accepting the merchandise. Is this “standard practice”?

The escrow is in the Inspection stage. I’ve handed over the domain, our hosting account which includes a dedicated server running the website, wordpress admin access, handed over FB, TW, stumbleupon, mailchimp accounts, etc. All merchandise has been handed over even some that the buyer didn’t know existed have all been sent.

See the related email discussion between the buyer and myself. Starting with my email about why Google Analytics code was removed…

Good morning xxxx,

Even though the sale of site is still not complete I notified you yesterday of a change I made with the CSS style sheet. The site is still in the middle of a transaction so it was the honest thing to tell you now rather than after. Until Escrow is complete, please let me know what changes you would like to make to the site’s “setup” or if you think that its an unfair request.

I was checking my Google Analytics stats this morning and it seems that my GA code has been removed/replaced. The access to various accounts and their included instructions are for use when you own the site. During the “inspection” period the merchandise really should not be edited or manipulated before acceptance, especially if the change cannot simply be undone. Which in this case, if you change your mind about the site then I’m left with having to explain to buyers why my GA stats has a dip. I’ve never had anyone make changes like this during this stage so this is new for me.

Let me know if there were any other changes made to the site or any other accounts (mailchimp, twitter, feedburner, etc) besides Adsense and GA.

Hayden

To: hydn
I didn’t touch anything else. You knew I was swapping GA… which is pretty standard practice during inspection period. You didn’t say anything yesterday… you even gave me instructions on how to do it. So I didn’t think twice. The inspection period is to validate income and traffic.

I’m gonna end the inspection soon … tomorrow or this evening. You have nothing to worry about.

I had no clue that you would change codes before sale is complete. My emails about how to use the site and general instructions including setup are for use by the “owner” as part of the site’s merchandise.

I’m at a loss as to what is wrong with using my GA code for traffic inspecting? You are now collecting data in your GA account about a site that’s not yet yours when i’ve already given you access to GA stats via your gmail account and also access to view how and where my GA code is used.

Regards,

Hayden

Is this ok? I don’t want to be unfair or to be run over either.

Thanks.

bump