Is it possible to disable comments on a FaceBook business page?

Hi,

My client wants a FaceBook business page.
However, due to the nature of her business, she doesn’t want people to be able to comment on the page (in any way).
Does anyone know if it is possible to disable comments for such a page and if so, how.

Two points:

[LIST=1]
[]I explained to her that disabling comments is basically against the nature/ideology of FaceBook . She knows this, but wants to disable them anyway.
[
]I tried searching Google and found several interesting discussions (such as this one), but could not find a definitive answer as to whether this is possible or not.
[/LIST]Thank you very much in advance.

Me also looking for it but so far not able to find any solution! the only thing i was able to do was to enable profanity etc.

Thanks for the reply.
It seems that this is not as easy to do as one might hope.

As I mentioned previously, making FB less social seems to go against the FB ideology, but I would have thought others had run into this problem too.
For example large chemical companies, that might not want users posting tricky ethical questions …

In the meantime if anyone does have more of a definitive answer, I would be really appreciative if you could share it.

Pullo,

To the best of my knowledge, all a fanpage owner can do is disable the ability for people to post to the timeline but not from commenting on posts from the fan page owner. I agree this must be a difficult thing to explain to your client. The entire purpose of being active on the platform as a business is to engage your audience and develop a conversation. If its one-sided, it won’t be as effective if at all.

Best,

Shawn

Hi Shawn,

Thank you very much for the reply. I had feared this would be the case.

However, just to be clear, could you elaborate on what you mean by “fan page”.

AFAIK the available types of Facebook pages are:

Local Business or Place
Company Organization or Institution
Brand or Product
Artist, Band or Public Figure
Entertainment
Cause or Community

I checked Google and found out that a fan page “is a public profile on Facebook for use by businesses, celebrities, etc. that allows your customers to follow you, and interact with you”.
So would all of the above sub-categories fall into the category of fan page?

Thank you once again for your time.