Is Java easier than C++

Hi there,

I started a JAVA class this week and very excited! I have taken C++, it looks like there are a lot of similarities! IS JAVA easier than the complex C++?

Java is a bhast language consist of almost all c++ features with some new features to meet modern requirements like Internet applications. It’s not easy to learn java but if someone has interest in it then it may seem to easier to his or her.

I love C++ more than Java

But you need to learn how the garbage collector work, you need to understand the concept of Virtual Machin.

Yes java is easier, but you need to learn differents concepts

I’d say Java as a language is easier than C++, although object oriented programming in Java is fundamentally the same as C++. The language itself is similar in syntax. The major difference that makes it easier is the memory management. Java handles memory management for you, C++ does not. But as far as actually programming, once you get a handle on either language it seems much the same. (IMO)

If you already know C++ then learning Java should be a lot easier for you than learning C++ was since you already know many of the object oriented programming concepts that both languages use.

I don’t think so. It may be easier to pick up and get going with but in the end you have to learn and understand the same concepts.