Is jquery in my xampp folder?

Sorry folks – I should know this. I have a book (oh no!) that asks me to load jquery into the “js folder within your Web server directory”. It wants me to name the file as “jquery-x.y.z.min.js where x.y.z is the actual version number.”

I loaded xampp quite some time ago and suspect that jquery is already installed. So before really lousing things up, want to make sure I need to install jquery from www.jquery.com to a new folder named “js” within the xampp folder (or does it need to go into the htdocs?)

I did a search in sitepoint using keywords “xampp jquery” but was unable to identify a post that maybe answered this.

I also did do a search on my xampp folder looking for the .js extension. As expected, I received quite a number of hits, but nothing that resembled the “jquery-x.y.z.min” format.

So, do I need to load the jquery? If so, do I save it in the XAMPP, the htdocs or some other folder?

And what should my “<script src=” look like in my html / php documenrs?

Again I realize that I should know this, but ask your help nevertheless.

Regards,

grNadpa

No javascript frameworks are included in the htdocs folder of XAMPP. You will have to provide those on your own.

Anything in the htdocs folder can be accessed using a browser. Anything outside of it cannot.

You shouldn’t need to touch any of the folders outside of the htdocs folder. Those folders contain the execution and configuration files for running Apache, PHP, MySQL.

As for the jquery file, download it from the jquery website and simply rename it appropriately: http://jquery.com/download/

thank you.

Also if the book is recommending that you install your own copy of jQuery then the book is recommending the wrong thing.

The best option with jQuery is to use one of the hosted versions such as Google where your visitors are reasonably likely to already have a copy downloaded to their computer.

For example you could reference it using:

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.11.0/jquery.min.js"></script>

Then you don’t need a copy on your own site at all.