Is Pinterest Traffic Worthless?

It depends on the product you’re selling on your site. If you have a site that makes bank off of traffic then pinterest might be a gold mine. If you’re trying to sell a product good luck!

it’s only good for ecommerce websites

I guess I’d like to know your reasoning behind that. It seems to me that pinterest is another way to network with people who have similar interests. When you have something in common with others, you stand a better chance of getting their business… no matter what type of business you are in.

With my experience i can say that it depends on the website theme. E commerce based websites are getting good response from pinterest but if you look service based website then you can not find so much benefit from this website.

My observation is that Pinterest is a woman’s portal. I have friends who receive targeted traffic and made lots of sale pinning their clothing, accessories and make up websites.
It’s not worthless at all

I think that printeerst gives you som etraffic. It all depends on the images you share. If people like them, they willprobably visit your site.

I think the traffic from it is good right now… only thing, Pinterest is going to die… the repetition is getting VERY VERY bad. It is no longer 95% women on it either. The repeated image postings will kill it FAST! It has a time limit. I give it another 6 months to a year before someone buys it and turns it into something else.

Some people are rocking with Pinterest, some not. Not every social network is a good fit for every type of site.

Excellent comment… although sometimes it’s not the network but rather the use of it that’s the issue. If you’re doing nothing but posting ads on Facebook and not seeing success, well, that’s your own fault.

I think jamesneo gives the reason behind it…

It all depends on what you are trying to push. To some sites Pintrest may have no real beneift and you should put effort in more likely sites to help to convert traffic. - The probelm to my eyes with all social media sites is that they take a lot of maintainence and ongoing effort to get any for of result

Some find success on Pinterest, but its all depend on how interesting their post was and how they interact and share their article

Who are “some” and how are you gauging their success? How did you come by your data? And how would you recommend one interacts and shares their article?

Depends on your goals and how you use pinterest. If you get traffic then great, but if you don’t then don’t use it - but all traffic is great traffic isn’t it ?

[font=verdana]As I said back up in #14, “We’re not talking about whether you get traffic from Pinterest, but whether you get worthwhile traffic from Pinterest. Sure, you might get lots of people coming onto your site, but are they then buying anything? Or are they just looking and leaving, without bringing you any trade?”

There’s no benefit in having thousands of visitors to an online store if none of them buy anything (it may be different where your website has an offline counterpart, and people research online before buying/trading in-store, where a high number of “no-sale” visits might not be a bad thing).[/font]

If you’re not selling something, and you just want to gain the attention of a lot of people, then that traffic is something that you should consider as something worth gold. Well, not in a literal sense, though. But if you’re selling something, and you’re just getting traffic, you have to take a look at things and see why they’re not converting into your customers.

Who told you that it’s worthless?
If you are there for promoting your product, Pinterest is the Best Social Networking site.

well IMO if you have a site or blog which have more images then Pinterest could be a useful source for you to get traffic unlike the other social network sites.

No Pinterest is not just for Social Networking only, its quite good platform for fun and quite secured. Its register policy shows how much secured this website is.

No, It’s not. Pinterest is the succesfull social bookmarking website of this year. It gives high quality backlink and some great amount of referral traffiic