Is Promoting Blog Posts and How To?

Hi,

I have been writing blog posts for my site however I am trying to determine whether it is worth promoting blog posts. I post them on Twitter and Facebook but are there any other methods I can use.

I dont use sites such as Digg or StumbleUpon but is it worth spending the time promote them on here?

My site is B2B.

Make sure that your blog has the following:

Rich, unique content
Interesting or useful for the visitors.
Fresh, hot and trending topics.
Are you displaying some statistics data in the blog
Is your title, headlines catchy?

Sites like Digg and Stumbpleupon can give you huge traffic on your blog. They are good sites. also you can try Google+ and Pintrest. Both of them are rising social networking websites.

You should definitely read this:

and

Very well written and explained fairly in-depth.

Of course there are many ways to promote a website. It boils down to the amount of time you have left after all the time you need to spend on creating the website content.

Have you gave LinkedIn a try? I don’t want to jump to conclusions but so far, I have seen good performance from LinkedIn in delivering not just quality traffic but also leads for B2B businesses.

What you should do, if you don’t have time to be everywhere, is to come up with a list of websites or social networks which you can use to promote your website, try them out for a month and monitor the traffic performance on Google Analytics. Usually, this will tell whether it is worth spending time on a particular social network.

Err, no. If your site is not getting traffic, I don’t see how allowing comments can help promote a website. :slight_smile:

First your blog post should be unique, post interesting information and make SEO to your for promoting. If you follow these steps you definitely attain good result in blog post writing.

One avenue I’ve had pretty good success with is to create a magazine on Zite (curated magazine on the iPad - it’s free) - and then feed the magazine content from my Twitter feed. Great way to reach new prospects.

Andy

Brilliant thanks, I shall try Zite. How do you promote it, do you use Twitter?

I have seen alot of people use paper.li on Twitter but I dont use it.

You can use reddit, folkd, freindfeed as well
I use Google-ping services for quick index and there are some other websites like pingfarm to bookmark your post to more sites in less time. The more links your blog post will have the more will be the traffic on your blogpost.

Sharing in sites like Digg or StumbleUpon can generate very good traffic for you, if your content is unique, fresh and valuable to readers.

Your blog must have unique and quality content and it should be intresting and informative. You can promote your blog in various high pr social bookmarking websites, article submission websites. Through which you can get high traffic and good ranking results.

Some of the good Social Bookmarking websites are:

DropJack
Reddit
Digg
Newsvine
BizSugar
BlinkList
JumpTags
Newsmeback
Linkarena
Bibsonomy

I would suggest you to write user-friendly content. Because people loves to content that is friendly manner. I hope that would get rank over search engine website.

Hi Justlikeyou,

I dont use sites such as Digg or StumbleUpon but is it worth spending the time promote them on here?

Yes. When promoting a blog, I’ll typically use linkedin, facebook, twitter as well as digg, delicious and StumbleUpon. If you use B2B, then linkedin is going to be your best bet (as already mentioned).

Your blog must have unique and quality content and it should be intresting and informative.

I would suggest you to write user-friendly content. Because people loves to content that is friendly manner. I hope that would get rank over search engine website.

First your blog post should be unique, post interesting information and make SEO to your for promoting. If you follow these steps you definitely attain good result in blog post writing.

I hate it when people say things like this. I think it goes without saying you’re not using duplicate content for your blog. You’re probably writing very nice articles, but nobody’s viewing them and you’re wondering what the heck the point is. Without seeing examples of your work I can’t really tell what (if anything) you’re doing wrong.

Are you targeting your blogs? Are you asking yourself “who am I aiming for with this blog? Who is going to be my audience?” Chances are, you’re just writing the blog. Next time, try and thing about who you’re going to target before you put pen to paper. Another good method is to play “Devil’s Advocate”. Think about the top issues in your business at the moment and try to offer a fresh perspective. It doesn’t matter if you agree with what you’re saying, you’re offering a new perspective on a hot topic.

There is an another way to promote your business and that will also help you to earn some green as well. The name of the site is Triond.com and there are millions of the users are using this site. Just keep one thing in mind before using this site that your content should be unique and written by you. Don’t upload copy content.

Of course it’s worth to post blogs. You need to disseminate information of your website (and it’s offerings) to the interested buyers. Your blog content can do a link bait – this is to make the reader click the link on your blog site.

Content should be informative so that the visitors can get the answers of the questions they have. Content should not copied from any other site, keyword should be properly stuffed in it. Such criteria can leads to the benefit of blog posting.

Hi,

There is lots of way to promote your blog posts like share & like on google+ & some other Social bookmarking sites like:-
newsmeback.com

prmsp.net
& many more…

Kindest

google ,globalsearchdirectory 'yahoo, global,addme ,submitexpress are also very effective sites for blog posting.

I had same problem like yours. I got a blog who describes “How to promote blog” . Followings are the perfect way to increase your blog traffics and comment(if you have informative context). Trust me on this you should follow this methods atleast some part of it. You will definitely got positive result.

The Basics (Social Media)

Tweet your post
Facebook
Pinterest
Stumbleupon
Instagram
Google+
Include a “Follow me on Bloglovin” link in all of your posts
Do a Twitter chat around a blog topic

SEO Promotion

Use Google Keywords to promote via SEO
Look in your Google Analytics for to see how people find your blog (and expand on that)
Link to other posts within your site to boost SEO
Put relevant keywords in your image “Alt” Tags
Guest Post

Good Old-Fashioned Email

Email Newsletter to your readers
Ask your blog friends to promote a post
Pitch your post to other blogs
Pitch your post to the press

Create Sharable Content

Create a free download to share with your readers
Write content that solves a problem
Write a catchy headline
Write a controversial post
Feature another blogger
Start a blog meme
Create an infographic, and pitch it to other blogs

or you can visit that site.

Thanks,

I have read “content which solves a problem” in a number of places but Im not totally sure what this means.

Do you mean titles such as “How To Clean Your Home Quickly” or “10 Tips On How To Train Your Dog”