Is recapture starting to be a joke?

Did anyone else find this ironic?

So what made Carnegie Mellon decide to not only attempt to stop spam but also decode documents? I’m guessing they wanted to get two things done at once, but what was the exact motivation behind it?

Not at first until I thought about it for a few more seconds. I’ll just you’ll learn something new every day.

@Stevie D: Interesting, I didn’t know that was the story behind it. That’s kind of cool. Though I still think captchas are annoying. =p

@Chronister: Why not? =p Carnegie Mellon does a lot of research type projects (the Alice project is another one of their brain children, which is a simplified 3D programming program).

Whatever happened to accessibility?

These things do nothing to help able bodied people never mind someone who might have a disability.

I can understand why they exist, the same reason we have to put locks on our doors, but I don’t have to like them.

I also have never been able to understand an audio version.

regards

Brian

If refreshing a ReCAPTCHA is supposed to produce a more legible example, why does that very rarely work for me? And I cannot decipher the audio, either.

These dreadful things seem to be far more popular with web developers than they are with us oft-forgotten web users.

i find the same thing. i m using recaptur and some bots get throught it some how