Is social bookmarking effective?

i have bookmarked many of my sites and waited a few weeks but no increase in traffic. i use social marker, about 20 out of 50. am i wasting my time?

Did anyone else post, share or react to your link?

The mere fact that you post something does not mean it will be visited… Social is about collaborative sharing and discovery so rather than worrying about how to make the most links yourself, consider what would make your users to share for you, they bring authenticity with them.

Now a days social bookmarking is not effective as it was last few years. Now a days you need to focus on Social Network sites like facebook, twitter, linkdIn and many more. Share you link on High PR site and then you will get the response.

You can try onlywire.com, it is effective indeed.

No you haven’t waisted your time. You have to try more ways to increase your traffic. Some ways are more effective than others.

Only few social bookmarking sites can deliver traffic to your sites.

If you have a blog… each new blogpost you post into your blog and you can bookmark it into 20+ social bookmarking sites which have high traffic. To save the process time, you need a social bookmarking software or social bookmarking service.

The most important thing is, you should also work on improving your network on social networking and bookmarking sites. Join groups that are relevant to your niche… The most important thing that you need to consider is, share something that is unique. Use perfect and interesting titles for the submissions. Also participate on linkedin. Here you will find the best targeted traffic for your blog or website but the only thing that you need to take care of is, your participation should not look spammy…

try to submit your site listing in to some do follow and high page rank bookmarking website like digg, redit

For me and my SEO circle social book marking is really very much good for fetching traffic but we can also get good index pages of our site if we use high quality social book marking sites. It always helps in increasing the number of index pages in Google. it’s true.

I’ve used onlywire.com, its always helped me drive a bit of traffic.

I think is because your sending too much…Social bookmarking is still effective in fact i am using a software called bookmarking demon it has 100 social bookmarking sites and my goal is to post atleast 20 social bookmarking websites with PR1 and PR2.One of my websites got nice traffic and i prove it because when i checked my google analytics i seen that some of the back links comes from social bookmarking.Sending Too much Posting is equivalent to spam like the unique article wizard it is also have 100 blog site and when i use it nothings happen because i always sending too much for my website…Maybe you still need to try it and find PR1 social bookmarking sites…If still not working maybe your niche is really competitive you need to do more SEO not only social bookmarking but also some other tools in SEO…:slight_smile:

As per my knowledge, it is necessary in search engine optimization. Its helpful in getting back links for your website which wil automatically increase your site’s PR.

You haven’t wasted your time, some of social bookmarks give you backlinks which increase your BR, but you must do a lot of social bookmarking to show a difference.

Social bookmarking only can be effective if it is done on quality websites like.

stumbleupon.com
delicious.com

It is also important that you use right keywords when you bookmarks your website.

Social bookmarking is effective or not,If the link provide any site have creative and very helpful content,it can very easy to draw the attention of the net surfer.It is also useful in increase the traffic to your website.It creating back link to your site.

social bookmarking always effective for our websites, but we have to it well and submit our websites in PR social bookmarking websites. If we will submit our websites in PR bookmarking websites so we can get more benefit.

I don’t think so, both have their own significance.

Social bookmarking is effective in long run, you have to wait atleast 3 months to get result so have patience you are not wasting your time

Social bookmarking is indeed effective, it can get you some nice backlinks.

Be careful with the amount of social bookmarking sites you submit too though, it should be something that is slowly build over time.
Do not overdo it all at once.

its effective if you want your content to be read by social media people. also it improves traffic to your link and page rank. I am using it for my content at gives me good visitors from US specifically stumbleupon, digg, twitter, facebook.