Is someone buying likes to our FB page? How does this insights look to you guys?

Nope, no way. Our fb page name is structured like this “Business Name Business Category, City ,Country” …think “Plumber Johns Plumber Service, Stockholm, Sweden”

Page suggestions will grow exponentially as you get more likes as there is a larger network to make suggestions to. This happens when you hit a certain penetration.

Two explanations. These are real humans (awesome). Or they are all fake accounts and as fake accounts a friends with each other the same network is liking your page. If that makes sense.

On your Admin page there is a section at the top that says, get more likes with a link to “see likes”. You should be able to see all the different people who have liked your page here. Although it’s in the thousands, there may be a pattern that will help you know if they are genuine or not.

As someone suggested, you should certainly contact FB support with the problem and let them know you are not at fault. They may have some other metric that will help them know if someone is blasting your page or not.

Yeah, that would make sense if this happened over time, but we went from 70-90 new likes a day to 2000 a day over the course of 3 days and then been “stuck” at around 2000 new a day without any further increase. Also the amount of total likes haven’t increased the days when the page suggestions “took over” mobile likes,it’s same amount of likes and the last 2 days only 50% of what its been the last few weeks.

And these doesn’t seem like fake accounts, I’ve been reviewing some a bunch of the profiles and they seem to be real and active users, if these are fake accounts it is REALLY well done,. Although they can still be “fake likes” but from real poople…I’m thinking this: http://hackread.com/be-careful-what-you-like-hackers-are-hijacking-your-facebook-likes/

Yeah, as said, I’ve been reviewing these profiles and found somewhat of a pattern, and that is that all, or at least 80-90% of the users I’ve been able to check likes for they’ve recently liked the same 3-4 pages…and these pages just happens to be the page suggestions I get when liking something that is posted with our page, and I would assume it’s the other way around to. Then there is something odd about the categories of the rest of their liked pages. Pretty much all is liking pages from the these type of categories: mma & muay thai, fitness & gym training, sport cars, weapons, street fights, tattoos and hot/sexy fitness chicks and boobs & ass pages.

This would maybe make sense if I was watching 20-30ish something old gym and mma training dudes profiles, but it’s not its totally random people…and it feels really odd that they are liking these types of pages…and pretty much all of them has this pattern.

So, I’m thinking infected computers/mobiles, as mentioned in the article above, that hacks real users account and likes pages for them…and the software is set to like certain categories pages or “crawles” and likes the suggestions for the page that is really targeted to kind of hide it and also mimic a natural liking pattern.

Although, only speculations and guesses from my side!

And we’ve already contacted facebook regarding this, going to be interesting to hear their response!

I tend to agree with this. I wonder if Siri doesn’t have an app for that.:smiley:
Be sure to let us know what Facebook does about it all.

100% Spamming now a days there are some website provide such kinid of likinig system so maybe some one use that’s tool to increase your fan

You’re lucky at some point you’ve gained a lot of followers in just a few weeks, but that graph of yours is so weird. Any update kungknas? I’ll try to look around the web and see if someone out there might have/had the encountered this issue before. This is so interesting…

What a bizarre issue kungknas. As an individual who works on Facebook pages I would also be really interested in hearing Facebook’s reply on this.

Yeah, still coming in about 600-1000 new a day, and about 80% from page suggestion. We’re at 153,000 likes now, we had 63,000 when this all started.

Good read about whats probably causing this, http://thenextweb.com/facebook/2014/01/23/likes-lies-perfectly-honest-businesses-can-overrun-facebook-spammers

…haven’t boosted any posts, so if we’re not the target for the bought likes some page within our niches and on the same suggestion list are…and we’re getting all the likes to mimic a natural liking patter and to fly under the radar by the spammers.

Not a word from them yet though, and frankly I don’t think they will say anything either. But they are probably well aware of the problem. but now at least we have it “documented” that we’ve tried to contact them in regards to this!

Well, I think it is kinda related to this video I’ve watched a few days ago.

//youtu.be/oVfHeWTKjag

“kinda”? …he actually refers to the article I linked to! :slight_smile: Really good video on the subject though!

But yeah, this is probably what’s going on, but as we haven’t bought any ads for our page we getting all the likes because someone else has! ****ing sucks! …and there is NOTHING we can do!

How about this one, Why Every Business Should Spend at Least $1 per Day on Facebook Ads? :smiley:

lol :smiley:

Thanks everyone, the OP has received the answer

Thread Closed