Is the well content must or a well design is enough for a website?

I just want to ask you all of you who know this about topic that is, I’ve seen some some websites has a great design but no quality content having good PR, and is considered good website to Google, so I have a question, that if I have a well design but small content, then may I get a well PR of my website.

[font=verdana]Two things to note about PageRank – one is that it is pretty much solely a function of your incoming links, and two is that it is largely ignored in ranking websites. You may well be confusing it with where a site/page appears in the search results – its ranking – and it’s a common mistake to make.

Either way, how do you think a site gets to be at the top of Google? By having content! Google doesn’t “look” at a site, it only reads it. If you’ve got a fancy design but little or no text, Google will pay no attention at all to the fancy design and will conclude that you just don’t have much information there. And why would it want to put a site with no information at the top of the results? More to the point, what would it put it at the top of the results for?

Sure, sometimes people have managed to get sites to the top by link-building campaigns or just being genuinely popular, but this is very rare, and becoming less common with every new update that Google puts out.

Off Topic:

I’ve moved your post to the Internet Marketing section, where it is more relevant. On another note, please don’t include personal contact information in your posts.

Good content on a crap design is better than crap content on a well designed page.

Crawlers read text and not designs.

In any case, you’re always better to put quality content frequently on site: both for SEO purposes and the retention of your visitors.

If you want to get a good PR without having good content in your website, you may be able to get it. However there won’t be any value addition to your website if there is no content. So its better that you add good amount of quality content and then work on improving your PR by link building.

Please correct me if i am wrong here.

But Pagerank of website depends mostly on the quality of inbound links! If a website has a good page rank but content isnt that good on site this can be due to good link building.

Hope it helps :slight_smile:

Well, I think Quality of content is most important. So it must to use Quality content. Recently update of Google panda mostly focus on the quality. If your site contain low quality then you may be penalized or your site rank will decrease. So now you understand how quality is important. And algorithm never focus on design , only visitors are attract from your site through your well design site.

I agree with a post here. More than content, it is the number and freshness of inbound links that google is looking ( especially after Panda/penguin). Good content had much more importance before Panda/Penguin came.

I think you have that the wrong way round. Links have less significance after the latest algorithm changes, not more. Good content is the most important aspect of any web site.