Is there a size difference between css pixels and html width pixels?

Is there a size difference between css pixels and html width pixels? The question I ask is because the sidebar in www.giantmango.com uses the embed code from flickr and vimeo`s width are 220 and the search input bar in css is set to 220px, but when viewed through a browser they have different lengths?

thank you

Thank you. I think I got it.

Pixels are not pixels. Which is why a box is “300px” wide even if you zoom.

pixels are pixels. zooming has nothing to do with css. with your css anyway. and i know of css zoom declaration :slight_smile:

also, remember the os accessibility zoom features? is the same. or the font size in a word doc? it will always be 12px or 16px even if the zoom is 50% or 450%.

web dev hasn’t invented anything new yet. it may only appear new due to the hype. but all new is already old. just that is badly implemented :slight_smile:

Screen pixels are physical things. They don’t change size. They are manufactured.

The pixels you talk about as CSS units are NOT those pixels. They can’t be. Every screen is different.

that’s the way it has been since the gui os. i don’t see how this is related to css only. it’s been that way before html&css. css didn’t rewrite any, didn’t give birth to any new concepts here. no need to feel like css is doing something special about it. my point:)