Is there a way to filter emails according to country of origin

Not sure where to post this. I have a client in the IT servicing business (in Australia) and he is bombarded with emails from the US seeking his services as his business name comes up early in Google search results and people don’t bother to find out his location even though the .com.au is a clue.

Is there a way to filter emails coming from overseas?

Thanks.

Ignoring emails won’t help his business…

Instead of trying to filter messages after they get there, why not use a contact form which requires a location and can then throw an error for foreign users making them confirm to continue?

Great idea - thank you very much - I actually have done that on another site but forgot it could apply here too!

Hmm, personally I think your client should capitalise on this golden opportunity. I mean, does he know how hard it is to get to the top of the organic Google results? There must be many, many ways he can make money from this good fortune - referral fees, affiliate commission, full blown partnership or franchises with US IT serving businesses. For a start, why not look at all the US businesses who appear below him in the results and contact them to see if they’d like to benefit from the traffic he’s getting?

I mean, at the very least, the contact form could send the email to his ‘US partner’ and that partner could either pay a set fee per referral, or pay a % of the job cost.

Bouncing people away from his site seems quite short sighted!

That’s a very novel approach ! I’ll pass it on to him. Thank you.