Is there a way to make content loaded via ajax indexable WITHOUT using hash fragments

Hi

I use ajax to dynamically load content which take a while to load on my website. This means that the site will load without having to wait for the ajax content to be ready.

The problem is that this ajax loaded content is not indexable by the search engines. I’ve had a look through numerous tutorials on how to make ajax content indexable, but they all require the use of # hash fragments. Since I want the content to load automatically when a page loads, and not by clicking on a link, this doesn’t seem to work.

Can anyone point me in the right direction in how to make content such as this indexable?

Here’s some ajax code i’m using to load content automatically when a page is loading (which isn’t indexable)

function MakeRequest()
{
  var xmlHttp = getXMLHttp();

xmlHttp.onreadystatechange = function()
  {
    if(xmlHttp.readyState == 4)
    {
      HandleResponse(xmlHttp.responseText);
    }
  }
  xmlHttp.open("GET", "../pageToLoad.php", true); 
  xmlHttp.send(null);
}

and then I call the MakeRequest() function in the actual page I wish to insert the content into…

Many thanks for any replies

The search engines can access the information the same way you provide for those visitors without JavaScript to access it.