Is there anyone tried Scripted.com for blog content copywriting?

Before entering my credit cards, I wonder if anyone else experience with this scripted.com copywriting assistance website? It seems cheaper than hiring your in-house blog author.

Cheers, terry.

[FONT=verdana]Personally, I wouldn’t use it. When you hire someone to write content for you, you need to create a professional relationship, based on a mutual understanding of what you require and what the writer is capable of delivering. In my opinion, it’s not something that can be done through an automated process, especially where you have to give them your credit card number in advance.

That said, I have no direct experience of this particular service. It could well be that they will deliver what you want. But I would want to be convinced of that before I would consider them myself.

Mike[/FONT]

Thanks Miki, I guess you’re right. So, what should I do? I’m a developer and I run a few websites selling my softwares. I need someone who will take responsibility of writing blog posts. Is there any place where I can hire good blog authors? Confused and lost :frowning:

[FONT=verdana]Fro this sort of thing, I would say it’s best to ask around your friends and business contacts. Ask for recommendations in your locality or industry. Or search for the websites of people who are offering this kind of service (by which I mean, individual writers, not agencies or other intermediaries).

Above all, you need to find someone who understands the subject or theme of your blog, and who is prepared to work with you to develop suitable content.

Mike
[/FONT]

a lot of people have had much success but it generally seems to do well with mass content websites and not niches or personal likes…

Why do you need someone to write a blog for you? If you cannot be bothered to write your own blog why have one in the first place?

[FONT=verdana]Well, he might be wanting to start a blog to promote his business, and he considers his time is better spent on running the business than writing blog posts.

On the other hand, if this is a personal blog, then your point is valid.

Mike[/FONT]

How would creating generic (template, bland, unoriginal) blog post that has nothing to do with his business, written by someone outside of his business, have anything of relevant to with his business other then generic garbage that would not benefit or promote his business in any meaningful way, could possibly help promote his business? This whole concept is what one of those “professional” SEOs people came up with. You know that type, spent five minutes reading an article on SEO and now believe they qualify to give advice. This does not promote ones business. Generic articles ripped from Wikipedia and shoved into something that looks like a blog does not promote ones business.

Now, if you are absolutely set upon having a blog for your business, it should be about your business, how does your business function, what projects are you working on, how does your software work, and so on…Don’t waste time out-sourcing people to write articles like “Cloud Computer Is So Awesome!!!” when it is already covered by Wikipedia. Instead, you should be writing how your business does cloud computing different. The moment you start injecting generic gruff (ripped from Wikipedia) into your blog you remove the purpose of having a blog.

How would creating generic (template, bland, unoriginal) blog post that has nothing to do with his business, written by someone outside of his business, have anything of relevant to with his business other then generic garbage that would not benefit or promote his business in any meaningful way, could possibly help promote his business?

[FONT=verdana]Why do assume he is looking for “generic (template, bland, unoriginal) blog post that has nothing to do with his business …” etc? If that’s what he wants, then your criticism is valid. But surely it’s perfectly possible to hire a writer who takes the trouble to learn your business, and who will write original, relevant content to help promote it. People have successfully been doing that for many years - long before blogs were invented.

This reinforces my original point. An impersonal generic third-party service might well produce the kind of copy that you are criticising. That’s why I suggested he keep away from them. A professional copywriter, on the other hand, will take the trouble to understand the business - and, more importantly, its customers - and write persuasive copy that will engage the readers and help you achieve your goals.

Mike
[/FONT]

Because that is what he said he was going to do…contemplating to use “scripted” which would be generic guff. And in the case of your point…a blog would be pointless. Either throw that stuff on the home page or an about page. No point in wasting time installing a blogging platform if its purpose is purely for marketing guff. A company blog should be used to tell the users what is going on with the business, not flooding them with spam. Your users will just avoid your blog when they realize you are just using it as a vehicle for marketing guff. A good example of a company blog is Lastpass, they use their blog to give updates, actual updates about their products!

[FONT=verdana]Logic_Earth, you’re really jumping to conclusions about why Terry thinks he needs a blog. You might be completely correct, of course. But I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, at least until I find out otherwise.

Terry, maybe you can come back here, and let us know if Logic_Earth is on the right track with his assumptions.

Mike[/FONT]

Hi folks,

Wow, I was going to ask a few questions regarding the benefits of purchased blog content from an SEO perspective (incidentally, Mikl, your point about other areas of focus is correct certainly in my case). After reading the comments here from logic_earth ,they are quite terse and based upon non clarified assumptions. I hope that as I delve further into the forums, I find more users that are more objective. Cheers Mikl

J

I recommend staying away from this one. Their “pitching” process to get articles to write is cumbersome and frustrating and eventually brings your wages down below minimum wage. They also take forever to review submitted articles. Their “edits” are just terrible. They look like they have been written by an ESL writer (no offense to them, they do a sensational job in a second language–I couldn’t write that well in another language that’s for sure!) so you need to rewrite them ENTIRELY. You are lucky if you get paid $10 for rewriting these completely. I recommend staying away, there are better companies out there.