Is this possible

SO… DEEP BREATH
I would like to create a site (ideally thru wordpress) that is pretty much a big public gallery. It pretty much would be a site where a user would go to upload an image and it instantly be uploaded to our photo album and it can be viewed by visitors. If a link can be generated for that user to share the image that would be a plus. Adding a caption and users being able to rate photos would be great. Im aiming this more at phone users. How would i go about making this happen with a phone. Example I take picture upload straight from phone to gallery (if there is an app or addon that would be great as well). Is there an addon say thru instagram?

Thanks for reading and ANY! input would be greatly appreciated. I looked at the Photosmash plugin and that seems pretty much what I am looking for, but doesnt allow for photos be uploaded thru phone, and has no more support as its been discontinued. Once again thanks for any help!

I really don’t think Wordpress would be a good option for this, although some may argue otherwise. This isn’t something Wordpress was designed for. Take a look at all the other photo hosting sites out there. How many of them are using Wordpress as you want to do? Probably none. There is a reason for that. And when you say “big” gallery, Wordpress is awfully bloated and not well suited for anything like that.

Thanks for your response. Will update the post… Once again really appreciate your response. :slight_smile:
UPDATE!!

What would be a better alternative if wordpress wouldnt be a good route to go?