Is This Possible

Hi, i have just finished integrating PayPal into my website and i am confused about one area of PayPal - PreApproved Payments.

My site allows users to make (approve) a PreApproved Payment. I understand that a PayPal user does not have to have any funds in their PayPal account in order to make (approve) a PreApproved Payment.

I was also under the impression that a PayPal user can also make (approve) a PreApproved Payment without a credit card or bank account linked to their PayPal account.

I have just create a new PayPal account (without adding a Credit Card or Bank Account) but as soon as i tried to make a PreApproved Payment on my website, it would not allow me… it asked me to add a Credit Card first… i am very happy that it has worked like this as i thought users were able to make PreApproved Payments without having a Credit Card or Bank Account connected to their PayPal account.

I was worried that spam users could create several PayPal accounts and spam my site with PreApproved Payments that were never going to be collected.

Can someone shed any light on the above… does a user have to have a Credit Card or Bank Account connected to their PayPal account in order to make (approve) a PreApproved Payment.

Thanks in advance…

Read their User agreement. Or read this link https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/popup/about-payment-methods in that way,you can understand more the methods Paypal has.