Issue with File Upload

I am struggling to find the answer to my problem through any forum or Google search (probably because I am not well-versed in server language or settings.

I have a basic file upload form…

<form action=http://www.thelogoapproach.com/Admin/updateInventory.php method=post enctype="multipart/form-data">
<input type="hidden" name="MAX_FILE_SIZE" value="400000" />
Inventory File:&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<input name="inventory" type="file">
<br><br><input type=submit value="Upload Inventory">
</form>

When I click submit to the form, the browser just keeps “processing” and updateInventory.php never loads (nor do I get any errors at any point). updateInventory.php is in a protected folder, but it is the same folder that this form upload is located in.

The file that I am trying to upload is a .csv file that is only 310KB.

Does anyone know what I may be doing wrong?

Why not do a test by putting your code into an unprotected folder and see what happens?

So initially I got the same results…

At the bottom of the browser it says, “Waiting for www.thelogoapproach.com…” after “Sending Request to www.thelogoapproach.com…”.

9 out of 10 times, it does that and just keeps processing. 1 out of 10 times it will work.

Would there be anything on my own personal computer that would be slowing down the upload or connection (the 1 time it works, it goes quickly)?

Try adding this to the top of the updateInventory.php file and see if it displays any errors.

I do not see what you are wanting me to add.

Woops

error_reporting(E_ALL);

When I executed it in the unprotected file today, it worked on the first try. I did not get any error messages though.

Any ideas on what CHMOD settings I would need on this directory or how I could get it to work with the current (755) settings?

And the second time that I tried executing it with a script to connect to mysql and ftp that was previously located in the protected folder as well, the problem came back.

Any ideas?