Issue with inserting carraige return

I have a similar issue, I have an excerpt from the mail template on an existing platform that someone else designed, basically I need the sections in the mail <body> line to be on seperate lines, I have tried everything I have been able to find via a google search but to no evail, any help would be much appreciated:

<?xml version = ‘1.0’ encoding = ‘UTF-8’?>
<MailTemplate>
<EventMapping source=“LAM” category=“QAI” type=“01” description=“Metadata File Approved”>
<Condition>
<ErrorDetail key=“MVT_ERROR_TYPE”>VERSION</ErrorDetail>
<ErrorDetail key=“MVT_ERROR_TYPE2”>VERSION2</ErrorDetail>
</Condition>
<SendToAdmin>false</SendToAdmin>
<SendToContentProvider>true</SendToContentProvider>
<Title>QA Auto Approved Asset : [$ASSET_NAME$]</Title>
<Body>Asset : [$ASSET_NAME$]<br />Provider : [$CONTENT_PROVIDER$]<br />ITV Filename : [$ITV_FILE_NAME$]<br />Approved at : $TIME$</Body>
<NeedSendMail>true</NeedSendMail>

So, I would want the Asset : [$ASSET_NAME$] on one line, then Provider : [$CONTENT_PROVIDER$] on the next line, etc. I already added in the <br/> but all this does is display the first section then nothing else on the line.
Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

You would need to look at how that particular XML document is defined in order to determine what tags are valid and whether new lines are allowed and if so how to identify them. That is neither plain text nor HTML so
and <br> are unlikely to be the solution.

You might want to try escaping the tags in your line break tags if the email is HTML.

If not, just put a carriage return in where you want it – XML should honor whitespace inside of tags.