Issue with jQuery Selectbox in IE7

I’m not too familiar with JS / jQuery, but occasionally use some off the shelf stuff to achieve particular things.

In this case, I am using some jQuery to style some drop down select boxes.

I’ve just about got it all working and looking as I’d like in the main browsers (I couldn’t get IE to play ball with some right padding where the down arrow goes, but I moved that over to the left.)

Anyway, it seems OK everywhere other than IE7 - I have three select boxes (another developer has done the JS that controls their content and the mapping).

The issue is with the first one for the country - it doesn’t seem to want to select anything, but rather the drop down seems to stick in the down state.

You can see what I mean here:

http://www.handprintwebdesign.co.uk/coverage/coverage_new/penny3/coverage_new_jquery201.htm

Any suggestions on how to resolve this would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I’m having some trouble accessing your site to see what’s happening.

I did notice that the plugin you are using seems to be relatively old (unless the copyright statement simply hasn’t been updated).

If you keep having trouble with this plugin I would highly recommend the jQuery UI Selectmenu originally developed by Filament group. Their plugin integrates well and also has pretty good accessibility support.

My :twocents: :slight_smile:

Not sure why you can’t see the page, as I just tried it here and it was fine.

Thanks for that other option - I’ll give it a go and see if it irons out the last little glitches.