Issues with submenus

Hi everyone,

I’m working on a WordPress plugin but am struggling with an issue over submenus with the admin screen.

The plugin related to videos. As part of this, I’ve introduced a new admin menu option and, under that, two options to allow you to list video profiles and edit them. Echoing the standard approach to posts and pages, there are two sub-menu options - “All Profiles” (from where you can list and edit profiles) and “Add new profile” (which takes you straight to the option to create a new profile).

Now, for the first submenu option I’m using a single PHP file for both the profile listing and editing - this ensures the correct submenu option remains highlighted (previously the add/edit option was it’s own, separate file meaning that when you edited a profile from the profile list screen it would then highlight the “Add new profile” submenu).

Now the submenu highlighting works correctly, I have another issue - the profile list screen has a Screen Options and Help tab. However, it also appears in the editor as well, as they share the same file name. Is there a way around this? Can I switch between different tabs within the same file?

Any help will be appreciated.
David.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.