Java or .net?

What a troll! I must be one of those command line idiots, seeing how I’m using Kubuntu. I wonder how I ever got Firefox or Open Office to work in the CLI.

Most Linux users that I know never touch the CLI. The command line is no more needed in Linux today than it is in Windows.

.NET, regardless of its name, does not catch butterflies or fish. Java doesn’t make such pretenses. Java wins.

Here’s an egg for your shoe.

I’m speaking from experience, not trolling, I programmed in Java in 2002, and it absolutely sucked. Eclipse follows suit in suckage.

Still using a command line? Well, I would rater use a Wizard/GUI then being stuck in the 90’s. Your going to sit here and tell me Java is better then .NET?

Well, I would like to sell you a cardboard box in Florida.

Way to go about proving your not a troll!

Meh…

Let me know when I can script a wizard so my automation can run it across 1000 nodes.

Java or .Net both are programing language.
Java is very hard language it’s not a easy but Java is a totally open source and supported by any operating system.It is provide very strong security.
.Net is easy to learn but it’s not a open source.But it’s looks are very nice.I like .Net.

I would generally argue they are both about the same level of hard for programming languages. You aren’t getting horribly complex like in C++ or crazily estoric like in haskell.

I too was in same confusion but after much thinking and discussion with my friends, I finally choose .net. I like its interoperability feature and drag
and drop feature. You can chose any language for front end whether it is C ,C++ or VB.net etc.:slight_smile:

I think we have enough here. Thanks everyone.