Javascript for ebay

I’m trying to make listings for ebay which keep telling me I cannot use javascript. So I have found some stores that are using it. I have got code from inspecting the element and copy and pasted it into a listing and am getting this code:

Your listing cannot contain javascript (“.cookie”, “cookie(”, “replace(”, IFRAME, META, or includes), cookies or base href.

What is the deal with this? How are some people using javascript and is there a work around, does anybody know or can see the solution?

Don’t use JavaScript on ebay - it’s that simple. Sure, there might be a few work-arounds, but this website is not the place to discuss such nefarious things.

why? I don’t understand? and the repartable designers seem to be using it, I just don’t get it

Ebay says that this is not allowed.

Your listing cannot contain javascript (“.cookie”, “cookie(”, “replace(”, IFRAME, META, or includes), cookies or base href.

If any of those mistakenly end up in your listing, that would result in the problem.

I’m not attempting to breach anything I trying to understand whats going on and why / how sellers affiliated with them are using it. styles can be used inline, is this the case here too? if not what’s the practices and are there any resourses to help designing for ebay?

I’m stuck trying to make a design for ebay any help wold be appreciated

A good starting point would seem to be from http://developer.ebay.com/common/api/