Javascript for embedded player stopped working in IE8 xp64

I am running IE8 in Windows xp64.

On the following page:

http://www.alluc.org/movies/watch-the-company-men-2011-online/299320.html

I would click on the small black down arrows and open an embedded player to watch the movie and it’s worked fine.

Recently this has stopped working without an obvious reason. When I click on the arrow, nothing happens
and I get “Error on page” at the bottom of the browser.

Behind the arrows is the code:

function openEmbeddedPlayer(objectid,hashcode,playercontent)

When I hover with the mouse over one of them, the following displays at bottom of browser:

javascript:{openEmbeddedPlayer(‘2348281’,‘983f8c555f8e5cbe00d31932a2c113f2|1322383850’);}

I searched through the Net and could not find anything related.

So my question is what could have caused it to stop working and how can I resolve the problem?

I am not a programmer, so I need an end-user solution.

Thanks.

Internet Explorer doesn’t know what to do with the console.log command. Get rid of that.

Thanks for responding, but I’m afraid I don’t understand.

1. What is console.log and how does it relate to my problem?
  2. Why wasn’t it a problem before and all of a sudden it is?
  3. There is no such file on my system, so how am I to get rid of it?

OK, I checked the source code for the page and found the command you mentioned.
The problem is I am only using the page, I did not write it, can’t change it and would not know how to.

And I still don’t understand why these pages worked before and now they’re stopped.

BTW: the problem also occurs in Netscape 9, not just IE.

And I still don’t understand why these pages worked before and now they’re stopped.

If it used to work before then one of two things has happened.

1. Someone has added that console.log command not knowing that if causes IE to throw up
  2. Or, someone has removed scripting code that fakes console.log for IE

There may be several issues with it, but let’s get these resolved a piece at a time.

OK, so there is little I can do then to solve the problem, right?

There are two different things that can be done, depending on how you want to go about things. The HTML page can be edited to remove the console.log statement, which is the best thing that can be done, or failing that you can edit one of the scripts that the page uses to add a dummy console.log object if one doesn’t exist, so that IE doesn’t throw up all over you about things.

Well, I can do neither of those things, but I emailed their support and referred them to this thread. Thanks.