- [Quirksmode Compatibility Tables ([url=http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/w3c_core.html]Core, [url=http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/w3c_html.html]HTML, [url=http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/w3c_css.html]CSS, [url=http://www.quirksmode.org/dom/w3c_events.html]Event Handling](http://www.quirksmode.org/compatibility.html))
- [JScript Language Reference (Internet Explorer) ([url=http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms533050.aspx]HTML and DHTML Reference](http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/yek4tbz0.aspx))
- Web Specifications Supported in Opera 9
- W3C DOM (HTML) Level 1 specification
- ECMA-262 (188 page pdf)
Articles - Beginners
Articles - Advanced
XMLHttpRequest / AJAX
Integration with Flash
- [An Inconvenient API: Theory of the DOM ([url=http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=111583]part 2, [url=http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=111584]part 3](http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=111582))
I just listed the ones, I read myself, on a regular basis. If you have any, which you think are essential, post them here. It's probably a good idea to keep the list of blogs down though, since (as you say) there are so many.
I needed to add this:
I hope to get the Rhino book within a week or two, right now I'm learning with these two:
"But wait! There's more!" (lawlz)
I haven't run into browser-specific anything yet, because he's intent on teaching basic programming, how integers work in JS (very different from other languages), why scoping does what it does (no block scoping, mostly only function scoping), the very gritty basics and then further.
This Is Awesome!
Gotta add this:
Shows you your object hierarchy, which is handy when you get confuzled.
It provides a good reference of the various objects, operators, and functions available with indications of which browsers support each feature and code examples. The DOM reference is quite good, too.
If anyone else finds this to be a good resource, perhaps it could be added to the links in the first post of the thread.
please read http://w3fools.com
If anyone has a resource they think should be added to this thread, please send a Private Message to a member of the Programming Team.