Javascript safari brwoser issue

Hi i have this script which has a submit button what the javascript does is if user doesnt select an option from the drop down menu an alert pops up saying (select tv option)

The problem is it works fine all al browsers except on safari if the user select one option and (click here to view) the new page opens on a new new tab now if you try to select a new option again and click the the submit button (click here to view) it doesnt work on second selection it the issue seems to be only on safari all other browsers work fine please help
my site is this one http://www.estateagentsonfilm.co.uk/builders.php the drop down is the (select tv agent drop down ) then click here to view if you try select and click twice doesnt work only on safari
this my javascript

<script type="text/javascript">
	function checkAgent() {
		if (document.getElementById('agent_select').value=='none') {
			alert('Select Web TV');
			return false;
		}
		return true;
	}
</script>

the form that calls the script

form id="agents" action="agents_jump.php" onsubmit="return checkAgent();" method="post"  target="_blank" name="agents" style="margin:0;">

Hi i thsi is a simple example of my issue if you test this script on safari by selecting the from the drop down twice you’ll notice that second time it doesnt work but if you test on a differnt browser it works any help would be much appreciated

<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript">
   function checkAgent() {
         alert('Select Web TV');
         return false;
      }
      return true;
   }
</script>
</head>
<body>

<form id="agents" action="agents_jump.php" onsubmit="return checkAgent();" method="post"  target="_blank" name="agents" style="margin:0;">
<select name="agents" id="agent_select" size="1" style="width:160px; font-size:13px;">>
  <option value="none">Volvo</option>
  <option>Saab</option>
  <option>Mercedes</option>
  <option>Audi</option>
</select>

<input class="view_agents" id="tvoption" type="image" src="images/viewagents.gif" alt="TV OPTION" name="tvoption"  border="0"   onclick="jwplayer().stop();">
</form>   
</body>
</html> 

document.getElementById(‘agent_select’).value

should be:

document.getElementById(‘agent_select’)[document.getElementById(‘agent_select’).selectedIndex].value

as the select has an array of values attached to it and you need to tell it to pick the selected one. Only some browsers map the selected value to the value attribute of the select.

Hi thanks for taking the time to help unfortunnaly that made no effect on safari still only pick the script one
i was told this amongs the lines

just safari being smart enough to block an attempt of the website to open a new window that has already been opened by the website. Every browser should have that feature IMO

could that be the reason why?

hi i have tried by settimg time out reload the page works fine but after that i also wanted to stop the video from playing but the stop function doesnt work

function checkAgent() {
			alert('Select Web TV');
			return false;
		}
		 setTimeout(function(){ location.reload(); jwplayer().stop(); },2000); // page will reload after 2 seconds
		return true;
	}
</script>