Javascript scroller

yes, the popup comes up but the page www.meadowlarkco.com/services.php then shows [object], not its actual content.

this must be an IE setting, any idea what?

Ah, I see it now.

Here’s the problem. When you have a “javascript:” href, my understanding was that the browser would execute that JavaScript, but stay on the same page. IE apparently ignores that. It actually goes to a new page, whose URL is the “javascript:” href.

The short answer is, it ain’t gonna work. You’ll have to move the code back into an actual <script> tag.

It’s not IE - I’m seeing the same thing in Firefox, but it’s fine in Chromium (both Linux).

Perhaps it’s because window.open returns an object? :stuck_out_tongue: I don’t know, I actually have very little experience with “javascript:” hrefs.

And really, I’m okay with that.

so do you think there is no way to do this with opening the popup window a specific size for each of the images in my scroller?

thanks

Oh, there totally is. There just isn’t really any way to do it directly in the HTML. You’ll need to use straight-up JavaScript for it, which is the code you had yesterday, before I piped in and said anything. All you need to add to it is…

• listening for a link to be clicked
  • open the appropriate window
  • prevent the default action

(In order for this to work, you’ll need to change each link’s href back to the real URL.)

Post #6 from this thread provides a good example of how to do that.

well I added what was in post 6 but now the scroller won’t even load?

I took a quick look and it seems that you have mixed in HTML code amidst your JavaScript code.

ok, I moved around my div and the initial image loads and then once you click on it opens the image in a new page, but the scroller doesn’t work and isn’t showing?

One of the links seems to be spelled incorrectly, could that be a factor?