Javascript (was PHP) Timer

I’m working to set up a dynamic ‘highlights’ component.

I have 4 divs, with different ids and want one to show up initially, then after 10 seconds, display the second one in the place of the first one, then after 10 more seconds display the third one in place of the second… and so forth and repeat.

Can anyone help me figure this out using PHP?

I’m trying to replicate the “Today’s Highlights” display on the comcast.net homepage.

Thanks in advance, I really appreciate the help.

Shouldn’t that be: everything that has something to do with changing how content is displayed? :slight_smile:

sbbtina, excellent suggestion. I was able to modify and implement your link perfectly.

Thanks so much.

Sorry for my bad rhetorics, English is just not my native language. So yeah, JS is as far as I know used to handle DOM as well as verify fields, do asynced requests (xml/json/plain) and other stuff. Basically a glue between user interactions and site.

Exactly! Just wanted to verify :slight_smile:

dellis, I think you cannot create this using PHP.

Try to use Javascript instead. Maybe you are you looking for something like that:

ehh, PHP is server side, remember everything that has something to do with displaying content is handled by JavaScript (client-side).

I don’t know enough JS yet for timers, but here is something that I use to display/hide blocks:
document.getElementById(id).style.display = ‘none’; = hide
document.getElementById(id).style.display = ‘block’; = show

id = your block id variable