Join Buddy System

I really like the idea Learnable did this month with the Buddy system. Basically they pair you up with another person taking the same online course as you and you can chat back and forth on a forum to keep in touch and keep encouraging / motivating one another to finish the course. I have some big goals over the next several months of learning several languages with two end goals in mind: 1) Get a web developer job with a stable income using these skills and 2) being able to work on my freelance stuff a bit more efficiently. I think getting several people together who are fairly early into the whole learning process together and staying in touch with what courses we’re taking on what elearning websites and pushing each other to complete the tasks and continue to learn new skills is a great way to stay motivated. We can use google spreadsheets to track progress and comment to one another. Also a great way to share knowledge, experiences, resources, etc amongst one another. I’m looking for 5-6 people, but if we get more that’s great too! Please PM me if you are interested in this joint learning / buddy system and I’ll continue the conversation further about some ideas we can use to help us progress from where we are to where we want to be. Thanks!

3 Likes

I loved the idea unfortunately I couldn’t test it myself because May is a pretty busy month… Maybe they should do another buddy month in July so I can take advantage of it :smiley:

I understand that you enjoyed the experience

2 Likes

So I made a Google spreadsheet (you should be able to view with the link below). If you want to join the Accountability Partner system just PM me your email address and I’ll add you to the Google spreadsheet so you can edit it and enter your information. Accountability partners are an important part of growth and achieving goals. Let’s get a good group of accountability partners here and help one another to succeed in our advances in Web Design and Development.

Google Spreadsheet Link

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.