Joomla & CS-Cart integration

What I would like to do is take a site that has been created with CS-Cart and adapt Joomla 1.5 with it for just a blog and registration of events.

What I’ve done so far is I’ve created a Joomla template and duplicated most of the CS-Cart template on design and added the Joomla ‘component’ and a ‘module’ syntax in their place. I would like to know how I can take the CS-Cart module codes and pretty much copy/paste within my Joomla template and the somehow figure out how to have my Joomla template access the CS-Cart database AND the Joomla database at the same time in case the client decides to update their menu within CS-Cart, the changes will also reflect on the Joomla template.

Is this possible? I’ve read that Joomla 1.5 cannot access multiple databases, but I would like for someone to maybe help me ‘hack’ it to make it work this way. Otherwise, I’m limited to just copying the menu items and links and adapting it to the template (which would really be a bummer).

Anyone know how I can do this?

You can use Joomla & CS-Cart integration via jFusion.Few questions in my mind .?

1. can I use the same database to install Joomla and Cs Cart?
  2. Should be installed Cs Cart in a subdirectory Joomla?
  3. what is the procedure for installing the plugin, Joomla and Cs Cart?

Hi, i’d recommend to upgrade Joomla to 2.5. The 1.5 version is very buggy and is not supported yet (if i’m not mistaken).

the german host providers notified all joomla 1.5 users that they will switch off all website on 1.5.