Joomla question! Restricting article access for non-registered users

Sorry, I know this is the Wordpress forum but there isn’t a Joomla forum so I didn’t know where else to post this and I really need some help.

I’ve installed Mightymembership to provide a subscription access model on a Joomla site but I can’t set up the site to restrict access to full articles unless you’re a registered user. I want some article intro text to appear on the home page with a ‘read more’ link and when that link is clicked on I want it to take the user to the Joomla sign up page.

I can get article intro text to appear on the home page with a read more link and I can create articles with a ‘register to read more’ link to redirect to the log in page but I can’t get both to happen. If you set an article to ‘registered’ status then it won’t appear on the front page.

My deadline is next thursday and I’m starting to panic a little, any help is appreciated.

JJ - I don’t know Joomla that well but couldn’t you do this by doing a check on the full article page to see if the user is logged in or not?

Leave the article as “public” so you can display the intro text/link, then on the article page template test to see if the user is logged in…

[if user logged in]
Show the article
[else]
You need to be logged in to see
[/if]

Hey Jafartke, thanks a lot for the suggestion. Unfortunately it’s not what I’m looking for.

The problem isn’t the read more, it’s that if I make an article status ‘registered’ so that the membership module knows to restrict access to it, it won’t show at all on the homepage and I need the intro text to show on the home page.

Hello JCMUCULER,

Use this plugin once you installed you’ll get read more in article

After installed you get plugin_name.php file in plugins/ folder there you have find the user type $userid is active ot not if active leave as it is else redirect to
index.php?option=com_register
If you help ask me :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Jafartke

No one has any idea how to get a ‘registered access’ article to appear on the front page on a joomla site?