Jquery help!

Hi everyone, I am new to jquery and have not long been using html and css. I am building a website and have been reading the jquery novice to ninja to add more style to my website.

The first part I have been working is is the expandable tree, i.e. page 306 of jquery novice to ninja. I have made my expandable tree work (it is my side nav) however the + and - don’t show up, its just blank. There is noicon that says to the user that this list is expandable, click here. And to top it off, to make the list expand you have to click around to find the exact (transparent) spot to click on!

Does this make sense so far?

I have added the minified jquery, the widgets and my script.js to the html page and other than not seeing the + - signs, it all works. But this is a big problem, I have been searching for help/answers and it appears that jquery does not have a tree handle anymore, is the jquery novice to ninja out of date?

Any advice or thoughts would be greatly appreciated, this is very frustrating! :slight_smile:

I’d recommend posting a link to a sample page, make it easier for people to debug… could be all sorts of things!

Hi adwatson, I’m not sure what the best way to link it would be. It’s not online yet. I have created a public google doc which contains the HTML, followed by the CSS and then the script. It’s not easy to read though…let me know if you have a better solution :slight_smile: