JQuery Image slideshow question

On my website, hollyamber.com, I have a JQuery image slideshow used to display work samples in my graphic design portfolio. I have one flash animation I would like to display. I know flash is being replaced by css3 animations, but I still want to display it in my portfolio to demonstrate my animation skills. The other work samples in my portfolio can easily be shown as jpegs because they are still. Is there a way to include a flash .swf file in a jQuery slideshow? If not, is there a way I can include an animated video or something in the JQuery slideshow so viewers can see the animated flash ad in another format?

It might be better to show the flash animation as a .mov or some other video format instead of .swf anyways because of support/compatibility issues with flash on mobile devices. If I include it in a video format, though, it should be widely compatible with both mac and pcs and easy for any random inexperienced person to view without added plugins or software. What video file format would you recommend?

Hi Microraptor_Gui. Welcome to the forums. :slight_smile:

Is there a way to include a flash .swf file in a jQuery slideshow?

Yes, there certainly is. Most slideshow scripts don’t care what you put in them. They basically just slide/fade in one element after another, such as divs, and you can put whatever you want inside those divs.

What video file format would you recommend?

It’s fine to use Flash, but it won’t work on some devices, such as mobile Apple devices. An alternative these days is to use the native HTML5 video element. There are various ways to use it, such as providing one file format (mp4) with a Flash fallback for browsers that don’t support that, or having two formats (mp4, webm) with or without a Flash fallback.