jQuery noConflict Question

I have a site that includes the Nivo Slider. The site is http://www.omegatechserv.com and I think the issue is a jQuery conflict. So I have added the noConflict portion shown below, but the slider is still not working properly. Can anyone tell me how to fix this issue? I would appreciate any and all help as I do not know how to write or edit jQuery.

<script type="text/javascript">
	$.noConflict();
	$(window).load(function() {			
		$('#slider').nivoSlider({
			pauseTime:<?php echo get_option_tree('slider_pause'); ?>,
			effect:<?php echo "'".get_option_tree('slider_effect')."'"; ?>,
			animSpeed:<?php echo get_option_tree('slider_speed'); ?>,
			directionNav:<?php echo get_option_tree('slider_direction_nav'); ?>
		});			
	});
	function prettyPhoto() {
		$(".gallery a[rel^='gallery']").prettyPhoto({animation_speed:'normal',theme:'pp_default',deeplinking:false,slideshow:3000,opacity: 1,social_tools:true});
	}	
	prettyPhoto();
	</script>

Thanks in advance!
Todd

When you use noConflict it detaches jQuery from $() so that $() can be used by other scripts.

If you want to use noConflict AND continue using $ to refer to jQuery then wrap your jQuery code inside an anonymous function:

jQuery.noConflict();
(function($) {
//your code goes here and can use $() as a reference to jQuery
})(jQuery);

// the code using $() to reference something else goes here

Hi there,

When I look at your page in the console (how do I do that?) I see the following errors:

Uncaught TypeError: Object [object Object] has no method 'live' jquery.nivo.slider.pack.js?ver=3.7.1:35
Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function jquery.nivo.slider.pack.js?ver=3.7.1:35

You are including jQuery v1.9.1 in your page from which the .live() method has been removed.
Try including an earlier jQuery version instead (such as 1.7) and see if this helps.

I’ve moved this thread to the JS forum.

References to .live have been removed from Nivo Slider as well so rather than going with an earlier version of jQuery it might be better to go with a later version of Nivo Slider.

Indeed.
This is a much better solution.
Thanks for pointing that out, felgall.